Saturday, August 18, 2012

What a change

Do you see that? Oh my goodness I am loving our table more than ever right now!  Our table got such a fantastic "facelift" and the old wood chairs have been to the furniture graveyard in the basement before they get the Goodwill boot.



The chairs are from Pier 1 originally and are still available they are on sale for $119 each. Now, I tell you that because well I think we know each other well enough by now to know that we would never pay $119 for a chair let alone to buy 5 at that price. Instead I paid $125 for all 5!! I came across them at a garage sale near our house. I was in fact on the phone with Marcus when I pulled into the subdivision an we were having a pretty serious discussion in regards to professional job life when I so rudely interrupted with "I just found our new dining area chairs!!!!!". May have not been the most appropriate time but I think tw price made up for my bad timing.

And then our light fixture got a nice upgrade:




I'm unsure of it's original price it was on clearance at one of our Lowe's store for $119 and at another Lowe's store for $59.  We LOVE getting a good deal and I think our dining area makeover is now complete aside from maybe a piece of artwork and of course refinish the floors. So I think we say it's 90% complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment