Sunday, August 31, 2014

Saturday, August 30, 2014


I define a good day by how early Ian goes to bed. We've had 2 days this week that he was in bed and asleep by 7:30p. I look back at those and see what I did differently to help that. Didn't get to swim either of those days (our weather has been a crap shoot) but just spent time outside. Whether at the swingset or a park playground or walking around at garage sales. Both days the cue that he was ready for bed was when he had a breakdown about finishing his dinner. My goal is to have more and more days where I have worn him out and he gets a good nights sleep. 

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Lane 9mos

Laners!!! You are now 9 months old!!

which means only 3 shy months away from turning 1!! Please let time slow down a little. In the past month mobility is on the rise army crawling everywhere and anywhere. Meaning Ian is keeping his door shut to protect his toys, on the occasion he forgets I can usually catch you being pulled back away from the door by your feet and Ian quickly running ahead of you and shutting his door. 

Lane you eat like a champ you eat whatever we eat which means mealtimes aren't as stressful for me anymore. You sleep like a champ usually from 7p-6:30a 95% of the time the other 5% you go to bed a little later. Nap 2-3x a day. You have ditched the bottle and now drink from a Nuk sippy cup trainer 
You are growing like a champ and wearing 12-18m clothes (we will overlook the fact that you still wear some shorts that are 3-6m. Hey they have elastic waist and they are shorts so length doesn't matter).
You have 4 teeth with 2 more making their appearance. 

This is still happening 
Only at naps and bedtimes and that little blanket is your go to comfort item when it comes to sleep time. 
You make me smile that's for sure 
I'll add your stats after your appt on Sept 10th. 

Until next time update little man keep smiling, keep growing (but not too fast), keep sleeping well, keep eating good, and keep loving life! 

Love you!!

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

3yrs in

Hard to believe we've been in our home for 3yrs this month. A lot has happened in those 3yrs not only personal life changes but house changes too. I will get this out of the way now, whenever you read the word "we" please please keep in mind Marcus is 95% of that we and I'm 5%.  So, 3yrs ago I welcomed you into our home and now I will re-welcome you into our home.  As we have done a lot with still more to do. We are being very careful with each upgrade that we do, we plan this being our forever house so we need to live in it to see how it best functions for us and make changes from there.
So without further ado I will re-welcome you into our updated space!!
The Front:

Walking in from the front door our living room:

                                             another view from coming down the hallway:
And speaking of hallway let's head down there now:
Ian's room (excuse the mess):
                                                                     bathroom #1:

Lane's room:

master bedroom:

1/2 bath:



Then there is the basement, not much has changed there we've added more stuff to the storage side
all the bags hanging are the kids resale coming up!

man cave:
                                                                         play room:

So, there you have it. In the past 3yrs we have changed a lot (still more to go) and accumulated more stuff!!!
Stay tuned for a comparison post too with a what changes were made so you don't have to play "i spy"