Wednesday, April 17, 2013

13.1

2 weeks ago I marked another thing off the 2013 list and that was to run another 13.1 miles (1/2 marathon).  This is my 3rd time running a 1/2 and my 2nd time running a solo 1/2.  Since the treadmill entered our home back in December it gets used on a daily basis.  I found myself running 6 miles so I looked at the 1/2 training schedule and was more than half-way through the training.  After a quick look at the calendar I was to be running it this week instead of last week.  But 2 weeks ago the weather was sunny and temps were a bit a chilly but decided that since I was to run 10 miles what was another 3.1 so I trekked out and pounded out the mileage. Had a couple technology issues 1) my app's GPS was off and mis-tracked the entire 1st mile 2) battery on phone died after 11.26 miles (I reset the app when it messed up the 1st mile so technically battery died at 12.26 miles) meaning I had .84 miles to go. Meaning I had to totally wing it and use my best judgement as to where my finish line would be I bascially just took the long way home from where my battery died. My pace average was 8min 30sec, finished in under 2hrs. 

was able to take this once I got home to my charger

traded gross gel stuff for yummy baby food

and a selfie post run (can you say shiny?!)



So until next year, I will continue to run my 27 miles a week either on the treadie or on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment