Saturday, April 2, 2011

Please let me introduce....

PICKY PETE!!!



This child is beyond picky he is down right resisted to food aside from grapes, yogurt, peanut butter (depending on the day), cereal bars, bananas (depending on the day), celementines (he likes to suck the juice out), Cheerios, sweet potato fries (had to force feed him those and we got the response back of mmm...), tator tots, pizza and puffs.  So thank goodness for v8 fusion juice and I'm back to buying baby food. Yes the same girl who made all his food. I may start making it again we still have yellow squash, mixed veggies and cauliflower in the freezer.  So maybe I will take the lonely sweet potato in the veggie basket and turn it into baby food for the boy. I have resorted to buying baby food (easier to donate jarred food than food frozen in ice cube trays)in the hopes that one day soon he will go back to his earlier days in which he ate a larger variety of foods on his own or that he taps into the eater he is at the sitters.  Where at the sitters he eats chicken, fish, veggies, meatballs, etc.  Seriously frustrating, I did mention it to his Dr and at this time we are considering it a phase.  I dislike this phase oh so very much and I do hope he is out of it soon.  The above picture is what he looks like after his dinners, I have found he has to be occupied in order for me to sneak the spoon in.  I think on most nights I end up holding a lid between my teeth he then balances things such as an extra spoon on the lid as he is busy doing this I take advantage of his mouth opening when the spoon is near he swallows and opens for me.  It's quite the exhausting production just for him to eat a half jar.

If anyone has any tips please pass them my way.

5 comments:

  1. Awww, I think the pic is pretty darn cute :) Have you tried 'airplaning' the food to his mouth? I have to get very creative with the airplane doing aerobatics or sometimes it's a helecopter, etc. but he usually opens up for the landing! The best thing though, is to airplane your food into your mouth (in a really silly way) and then his into his, Jack loves it when we are eating the same way... just a thought! Or I put something he loves on top of each bite of whatever he's resisting... like a strawberry on his spaghetti, etc. Hope that helps a little?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We find that if we eat the same food that Julie is eating, she'll eat it too. But she has to see us eat it first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that picture is hillarious. we play the "NO no No! Don't eat that Don't do it!!!" and then just to spite us, he eats it. LOL. Ricidic I know.

    p.s. I just realized my blog looks a lot like yours. I swear I didn't do that on purpose at all! Which is kinda weird!! Someday when I have the time to play around again I'll do it up different...until then, forgive me. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carter is kind of going through the same phase right now. He used to eat anything we put in front of him and nowadays more of it is ending up on the floor for the dogs, than in his mouth. He used to eat any veggie we gave him and now he's not a fan of much. He usually has a nutrigrain bar for breakfast and now he barely eats those. I just figured I'll keep giving him the food and if he doesn't eat it, then he just doesn't eat. They say hunger is the best spice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I only have empathy for you as my little guy is now spitting his food all over the place right now. It was funny the first time... I too stopped making my own baby food when E got picky because all the work going to waste was making me nuts.

    ReplyDelete