Monday, July 11, 2011

lately...

Oh my goodness I feel like it's been so long since my last post.  But in fact a lot has just happened since june 30th and our plate is FULL right now.  So let's catch up:

1. Rental House (aka our 1st home): put a For Rent sign in front yard on June 14th and took it out of the front yard on July 5th.  During those 3 weeks, I had 60+ phone calls, scheduled 20+ showings, and had 4 apps. Needless to say I'm beyond thrilled to say we have a renter, not sure which I'm more excited about having a renter or having my phone number no longer on the front lawn. It's a tie I do beleive.  Renter moves in Aug 1st. it's single guy (he has a girlfriend, sorry single ladies out there) with a dog.  To say I'm not nervous I would be lying.  I mean this guy we really don't know him that well, we know his crimnal record is clean, his finicial history is clean but is he clean person as in does he clean the bathroom every week, mop the floors every week, etc.  Let's face it our blood, sweat and swear words are all over that house. He better take care it!

2. We are in our new house and I have yet to make it to work on time since we moved.  I still don't feel I have found the right routine yet to have smooth morning.  It will come just hopefully sooner rather than later.  Paint colors have been choosen for the kitchen, Ian's room, and both bathrooms.  So that just leaves the living room/hallway, our room and back bedroom.  The other night I took down the wallpaper in the half bath and came to the conclusion that the previous owner over paid her handyman by a lot.  Not only are the walls a mess but the medicines cabinets in both bathrooms have parts that were put on upside down.  And in the case of the half bath the cabinet was installed upside down. Back to the house, painting is put on hold there until the rental is up to par.

3. Back to the rental.  With renters comes gray areas when it comes to the initial walk thru and final walk thru.  Marcus wants to eliminate as many gray area as possible.  So all walls and ceilings are painted white, bathroom has been gutted new drywall has been hung, ceramic tile is going in tub surround area, carpets need cleaned and depending on how that goes maybe replaced, Marcus is hanging a drywall ceiling in basement and then the basement has to be painted. Once this is all done the entire houss will need a good cleaning.
Here's what's left to do on our list that we have a less than a month to complete:
1. paint master bed, bath, hallway, kitchen, and basement (notice living room and bedroom #2 aren't on list those rooms got tackled this weekend)
2. paint all trim
3. paint all exterior trim
4. tile bathroom tub surround
5. hang drywall ceiling in basement
6. clean
7. clean carpets, possibly replace
8. hang new ceiling fan in kitchen
9. paint cabinets (this project is halfway done at this point and will be over halfway done by tomorrow)
10. landscape enhancing
My eyes just crossed I think, that is a lot to do and in fact Marcus is staying home from vacay this month to get it finished.  It's not what he wants to do but it's one of those adult decision and one of us has to be responsible.  So tomorrow Ian and I will load up the car and head up north to my parents place to be with them and my sister.  We will then head even further north to Mackinac Island.  Sad Marcus isn't able to join us but having 4 days off with no interuppetions from a nagging loving wife or a clingy snuggly 18mo old a lot should get done assuming no issues come about. So till the next time...Oh geez I still have to finish vacay part 2.  Plus cute Ian stuff.


*Disclaimer I use the term WE very very loosely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment