Friday, July 22, 2011

Vacay part 2

Oh my we have been home for a month and have already gone on another getaway so let's not waste anymore time here and get this trip wrapped up.

Day 4 Teasure Island bound and my birthday: we arrived to Teasure Island, FL located our resort and since we were early for check in we proceeded to the nearest Publix to do some fridge/pantry stocking.  And since it was my bday it was my pick for dinner.  I wanted 2 things 1)eat local, when you eat local the food is usually better and why not help out the local folks of the town you are visiting. 2) must eat overlooking water, hello we are visiting the gulf coast and it's not like we have the opportunity everyday to eat overlooking water (ha when I wrote this we didn't have final word on our house so now we can eat every meal we are home over looking water).  Good news I got both we ate the Friendly Fisherman we all had seafood except for Ian of course he indulged on a couple fries and a lemon.  We did some wandering and then back at condo watched the sunset on the beach.

Day 5 beach day: I started my morning the way I had everyday of our vacation and that was with a workout.  I tied up my shoes and hit the sand for a run on my way down I caught up to a another beach runner and we ended up running together which was great as if I ran by myself I would have stopped at the wrong condo...oops.  Then it was back to the run for a spin through the shower to go to beach.  Yes I just said I showered before I went to the beach I was sweaty, stinky and gross so showering was required.  Once showered and bikini on it was down to the sand and waves till nap time. For nap time Marcus and I both took Ian up but Marcus had it under control so back to the beach I went where I indulged in 2hrs of sun, sand, and a nap...DELIGHTFUL!! That night we had dinner at another local restaurant and was not disappointed at all.

Day 6 beach day! I started the morning the same way I did the day before.  After my run Marcus had his mom keep an eye on Ian while went down to the beach for a walk and some shell finding.  By this day despite the day before being a relaxing day my fellow travel companions where wiped out.  So while they bummed around it was back to the beach for this girl.  Again I stayed down at the beach till nap time and I was back in the lounge chair till some thunder rumbles were heard.  We cleaned up and since it was my MIL b-day it was her pick for dinner.  We ended up at Macaroni Grill and I learned my darling hubby has some navigational issues and likes to live life on the edge when it comes to the gas light turning on.  We were running on fumes, the GPS battery died, and the list goes on.  Luckily we safely made it to a gas station and made it back to the condo...He won't be living that one down anytime soon though.

Day 7 travel day: up and at'em no time to waste. We must shower, eat. finish packing, load car and be on the road by 6:15a. Arrive at airport to find the check-in line about 40 people deep. Computers are down and the airline has 3 flights taking off 30min apart from each other...FANTASTIC. We received our 1st ever handwritten boarding pass, got our reserved seats on the plane, did a pre-departure airplane potty stop, annoyed a few passengers with our anxious 18mos old waited on the plane to take off for about an hr.  Ian slept for a little bit, and made friends with the lady next to us. There is more to this plane adventure but let's be honest you stopped reading a long time ago.  If you are still reading thanks and I will finish the plane adventure in a post of it's own.  It will be short and sweet I promise.



July 21, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment