Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Up North

A couple weeks ago Ian and I loaded up the car to head to my parents place at Silver Lake.  My day did not start out well at all.  A few weeks ago I hit a pot hole with my car and since had been hearing a not so good sound when going over railroad tracks, pulling into uneven driveways and what not.  So, thought it was best before driving 150 miles to get it checked out so I FB (facebook) messaged my parents neighbors at the lake who own Michiana Auto Pros as I wanted to have a truthful diagnosis and someone who understands the roads I will be on to get to there.  Trent the owner squeezed me and as I sat there waiting for him to return from the test drive my mind was busy going about making up my mental timeline of events to accomplish all that I wanted/needed to be completed prior to my 1 o'clock departure time (aka Ian's nap time) for the 2hr and 40min drive. Needless to say the diasgnosis was not good and my departure time got moved to late afternoon.  A meltdown occured and with the help of my cousin and grandparents, we were on the road by 4:30. Ian did well in the car he slept, warmed his vocal cords up with a good ole fashion screaming contest with me and showed little to no interest in the movie Cars that I downloaded to the iPad. We arrived to the lake with dinner on the table and helping hands to unload the car.

Some highlights in no particular order:
The best view on the drive to the lake and a true sign you will have a potty in about 3min.
                             

We sciencitifically proved that Ian does not remember events that took place when he was 9mos old.


Ate s'mores and Ian loved them

Shopping and lunch in Pentwater

 1st Dune Buggy ride, he loved it
                                      



Running the sand dunes is was slightly winded and by slighty I mean when at the top of the hill the sand stung when it hit you.
                                         





Showed off my tourist side upon arrival at Mackinaw City


Boarded the ferry to head to Mackinac Island, MI



 We arrived and rented our bikes and Ian's ride for the morning:



Witnessed beer delivery take place

Visited the Butterfly House:

Walked up to the Grand Hotel

 Shopped:
 Built a rock castle:




Enjoyed Mackinac Island fudge ice cream

Napped in the Butterfly House
 Walked off our dinner:
Re-inacted a group shot in front of ferry
                                         

 Napping please do no distrube:

 Jet skied Silver Lake with the sister

Got mine and Ian's ticket out of the house by putting in CORRECTLY a piece for each of us, this puzzle has been in progress for 2+yrs it's impossible.

Visited Lake Michigan


Played at the beach on Lake Michigan

 Trip was a success we did miss Marcus while he was busy working on the rental house.  Mackinac Island is such a great place to visit and I look forward to going back sometime with Marcus. The island is such a neat place to visit I don't know of any other place that does not allow cars on the roads and the mode of transportation is bikes, walking or horses.  And it's not everyday you watch the UPS man deliver packages via horse and carriage.  I suggest you go and visit!




No comments:

Post a Comment