Tuesday, October 4, 2011

September update

Another month has passed and it's that time to see what got crossed off and what is being moved to next month's list

August leftovers:

1. tuck both vehicles into garage at night. - this one was a close call in getting crossed off. but none theless it's off.  I'm loving it, new routine with entering and exiting from the garage but I'll adjust don't you worry!

2. get color painted on the walls- this is only temporarily being crossed off but this month we painted the kitchen and half bath.

 3. get pictures hung on the walls- not done but getting closer and by closer I mean, hubby has acknowledge that we have pictures to hang.  I'm okay with holding off as we have yet to tackle the paint color in the living room. We are doing one room at a time, right now it's the kitchen/dining area (they are connected) and half bath (it's little)

4. decorate guest bedroom- taking this off the list as we don't even have a bed for that room. And I'll just toss it on the house list which is coming.

Newbies:

1. refinish table and chairs- the table part is one coat away from being crossed off.  And the chairs well after looking this weekend we may be changing our mind on the style of chair we were orginally thinking. 

2. Clear out furniture from garage this will assist in accomplishing August list #1- it's gone and while they were here I also had them take our old kitchen table and chairs.


3. Kitchen upgrade- we aren't done which is why it's only partially crossed off, the kitchen got a mini upgrade. There are a few things we can't agree on and have yet to come to a compromise with.

4. locate new to us appliances (more on this a little later)- this is one of the items we haven't come to a final decision yet. Our oven needs to be replaced as much as I love the avocado green Universal Chef it is missing gaskets which means when I set the temp to be 350 then my kitchen basically doubles it's temperature we are wasting energy which means we are wasting money.

5. close pool for the season -after much debate we decided to hire this task out. I spoke to a lot of people who all said it's very easy you do this this and this.  Well, folks ours was different due to the type of cover we have we don't have to do steps x, y and z. I took notes, asked questions and so hopefully next year we can tackle the task ourselves. Glad we hired that out for the our 1st time and we also learned we don't need a new liner yet...YAY!!

7. order prints of latest professional pics taken by Knox Photography-well since the pictures we have currently haven't been hung, we have yet to order anymore.  We did purchase a frame and did a mini makeover on another. So we will be ready.


8. continue to work on printing off pics from snapfish- now that we are in a digital age I have made it my mission to print all pictures that have been taken since Ian's arrival and put them into a photo album. Why, so that we have them physically in our hands so that if someone (Ian) wants to look at pictures or work on identifying family who live out of state, etc he can do so without putting the laptop or ipad at  risk of being ruined.  Now, I only have about 400 more pictures to go and since I take at least 10 a day I'm only getting more and more beyond.  I also only print photos when I receive a specials via email so it will be a while.


9. run in a 5k race with Ian and finish so he his the 1st finisher in his age group, ambitious?? Maybe but still worth a shot. Oh and not to pee my pants while running said race. - I ran, Ian stayed home due to cold, damp, raining weather condtions. Yes we have rain cover for the jogger but he hates it so the run would have been stressful for me dealing with that and didn't want to run the risk of him getting a cold.  Good news he is still the youngest finisher, there was a little one there but she was 17mos and Ian was 8mos when we ran it last year.  For me it was a PR of 24min 44sec and I was the 2nd female finisher but 1st female finisher in my age group.

Additions:
Move bricks from front of garage to side of house- this was not a fun task at all. We had about half a pallet of bricks sitting in front of the garage and since we don't own a fork lift each one had to be moved by it's self to a new a pallet on the side of the house.

replace water supply line to toilet- this made the list as of today. I heard water spraying in the bathroom and made a quick discovery of ths source.  Turned off the water to toilet, got myself and Ian around and headed to the hardware store for a new one. Replaced it and had toilet back in working condition before hubby got home from work.

Start pottying training- wait what?? Seperate post to come

So overall not a bad month.  Looking forward to this month where a kitchen table will be in our kitchen and we won't be sitting on the floor to eat our meals.

1 comment:

  1. Every time you do this I love it. So why don't I do it? I'm sure it will be so much easier once this baby comes along....ha.

    ReplyDelete