Saturday, November 12, 2011

Double (L)oven

I feel like I have been talking about this since we moved into our house but good things come to those who wait right? We also get to cross something off of November's list!

I could only find one before picture of our antique gem that came with the house.  It was gas, house heating, not safe old thing.  We replaced it with a Kitchen Aid Superba built-in double oven.  We lost a little bit of drawer space under the oven but nothing from the top cabinet. Installation was completed last night thanks to Marcus and Uncle Don (Marcus' uncle) and this morning as soon as I finished my workout I pulled out my recipe box and got a list started of ingredients that I would need to test it out.  I did very little baking in the old oven as I said before the old one was un-safe! We could consisently smell gas and when I did use it, it heated the whole house...not very GREEN!  So needless to say my cookies we delightful and Christmas cookie season is just around the corner, I think we will be reducing our production time, we might even need more cookie sheets.   But before Christmas cookie season we have Thanksgiving and I do believe we will be hosting Marcus' family seeing as though it will be my first hosting experience I prefer to do it small and well there will be 10 of us (but only 9 will actually eat).

We will continue our hunt for black appliances and eventually cabinets will either be replaced and painted or painted a light gray color and a new black counter top will grace the top of the cabinets.  And beautiful new tile will be under our feet. It's a process but worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment