Monday, January 2, 2012

December wrap up and January to do's

I feel like a lot has happened this month it could because of vacations, holiday's and birthday's all occuring this month. But it's time to look back and see what all got crossed of the list and what was added and accomplished.
November Leftovers
Layout photo collage for wall in living room

Christmas shopping/DIYing - this without a doubt got crossed off here's what I DIY'ed all are inspired (or copied) from Pinterest. 



I made the fabric covered with the flowers for both my sister and SIL as well as all my co-workers.  I made the flower covered one for my mom and another one for my MIL.  I loved them both as you could personalize each one by your fabric choice.  And gonna share a lil secret after supplies (fabric, straw wreaths, and felt) were purchased the break per item price wise came to around $6 .  Thanks to sale on fabrics and felt as well as coupons and in store deals.  So budget friendly and fun to make.  For the fabric ones you need 1/2 yard of fabric of your choice and 3 8.5x11 sheets of felt and push pins.  You cut the fabric into 1/2in strips and then pin it to straw wreath and wrap and pin and so fourth.  For the felt you cut it into circles (you pick the size and they don't have to perfect) once cut fold the circles in half and then in half again, pin it at the corner and open it up continue until you achieve the look you are going for.  Also you can get plearlized push pins and add those into the flowers.  For the all flower you need about a yard and half of felt you pick the color.  The picture above is the one I made for my mom and because their house is green I went with white, the one I made for my MIL is a soft pink as her door is white. Anyways, you cut the felt into circles and fold in half and in half again, pin at corner.  I plan to make one for myself soon so I will at that time take some step by step photos to explain better.

Share Pinterest love-I was too busy DIY-ing to share my love but trust me I love it!

Organize MB closet-this kinda happened, it happened enough to be crossed off

December List:

Organize guest room closet which has turned into a collect all - so glad this got crossed off, still needs some work but it's way better than before

Paint kitchen cabinets - now that they are painted they make our counter rop look like crap



Celebrate someone special in our house turning 2! - post coming soon!!!

finalize art work for dining area, we have agreed on the photo now just figuring out a size - Thanks to Brittany at Knox Photography our print has arrived.  More on that in January

Watch every Christmas movie we own at least 2x a rent what we don't own. - we watched, we laughed!!

Change Ian's bed into a toddler bed?? - not happening yet

Continue potty training- it's only crossed off because we did in fact continue, were not done though.

Come up with a head board/window treatment for MB- we are still brianstorming and tossing around the idea of purchasing a king size bed

Celebrate sister's 30th bday with her- we had a fabulous time


The following can be added and crossed off:

bake tons of cookies -  done, and I could careless to see another cookie for about a year

Paint backsplash-


De-Christmas house- I think we set a record and had the house de-decorated in under an hour and not only de-decorated but had everything put back into their proper tote and storage location.

purchase and install new entry way light and hallway light- it's amazing what a difference they make.  When Marcus took the old ones out they both smelled HOT as in a fire hazard so to the trash they went.


Host our 1st Holiday- we hosted Marcus' family New Year's weekend.  It was kinda all thrown together at the last minute as far as the menu.  I'm talking Marcus is running out to the store at 10p on a search for a fresh turkey for us to fry Friday afternoon. It all came together and I must say I'm perfectly fine with hosting my in-laws.  I think I'll continue to let my parents host our Christmas I think the amount of the gifts that were under the tree at their house this year would have filled my entire living room.  We had a great Christmas a seperate post will be coming soon...
I think that is it, but I could be wrong as I said earlier it's been a busy month.

January, so we obiviously have some items left see above but we will add:

Master Bedroom

Guest Bedroom

purchase/install light fixture for dining area

draft up, edit ,and post all the posts I have talked about posting (that one sounds simple but seriously I put quite a bit of naptime time into my posts)

I think this is good enough for now, Happy 2012!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment