Thursday, October 4, 2012

volume volume volume

I seek volume on a daily basis. No, not as in hearing volume but as in hair volume.  I crave volume and I dirty my hair up on a daily basis in an attempt to acheive such volume. Last week I visited my hairstylist and of course I came with pictures. After looking at my pictures we discussed which route to take where again she reminded me that I have "fine flat ass hair" meaning if I want to have the below hairstyle I will require Oprah type team to tease, spray, tease and spray on an hourly basis. I really wanted Katie's hair (yes, we are on a 1st name basis) for those who don't know Katie is the picture on the right. But my hair texture or lack there of would leave me highly disappointed. So we opted to give Heidi's style a try.



A try we did with volumizing shampoo and conditioner, root lifter, volumizing gel, blow dryer a big roller brush, followed up by big rollers and sitting under a dryer. Then onto teasing and spraying and teasing and spraying. This is approximately an hour later:


Yep, doesn't look like Heidi, but at least if I want to style my hair the results aren't all that bad as long as I can escape to a restroom and re-tease every hour or have a ponytail band on my wrist and a couple bobby-pins and I'm good to go.   

No comments:

Post a Comment