Wednesday, December 26, 2012

say it with a plate

thanks to pinterest I put 2 ideas together and came out with this:


I took a large serving platter and cute Christmas subway art and hand painted it (with the help of stencils) and turned it into 1 pretty awesome piece (if I do say so myself).  This was my white elephant gift for my book club Christmas party exchange and I think this was stolen 2 different times. Needless to say it was high up in the rankings amongst starbucks gift cards as far as popularity.

I also did personalized some that can be displayed or used year round.
these 2 were for my bosses/owners (my friend and co-worker Lauren did the Murphy one)

this one is for my Grandparents

For my cookie plates that I make up I took boring white ceramic plates I also used some red plates too and personalized them by painting on the recipents last initial, thus something they can display or serve food on after the holiday season. See below for a picture, I only remembered to take a picture of the red ones.

Here is a travel mug I did for one of the childcare providers where Ian goes (her name starts with "E").
 
 
 
Here's a little bit of what the process looks likes (since I was the DIY-er and photographer I have no pics of the painting process):

Photo by ashzare
 

All items are dishwasher safe and safe to serve food on after a coat of toxic free shellac was applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment