Monday, May 31, 2010

5 mos

Ian, you are such a good boy here's what you've been up this past month.

Checking out the inside of your eyelids: You continue to excel in this department. You don't fight sleep at all, you wake up every morning with a smile on your face and talking to yourself and playing with your blanket. I'm enjoying it now because 10yrs from now it will a completly different story. When you go to bed at night you pull your blanket over your face and talk to yourself and drift off to sleepy land. (I could listen to you all night, but I need my sleep)

Eating: have you seen your cheeks, it's spring you can release the acorns you've been storing. There's no doubt you like mealtime you have grasped the concept of a spoon you still prefer a bottle but you'll learn there's lots of things we have to do that we don't like. We'll consider this just another life lesson. You recently tried sweet potatos and you love them, we mix the sweet potatos in with your cereal and viola!! You are back to eating in just your diaper when you eat cereal/veggie combo, easier clean-up and less laundry...yes thank you.

Surroundings: you love it outside, it calms you not that you ever need calming. You love to watch the colors whether there are on the TV with your baby einstein videos or on your toys. They catch your attention. At the sitters Michele says you spend a lot of our time watching the other kiddos and it wears you out. The little girls at the sitters love you, whenever you are there they mock the same actions Michele does with you with their baby dolls. Such little mommas they are.

Activity: you are doing more in your exersaucer, you have rolled over once, I laid you on your tummy and told you had to do tummy time while I made your bottles for the next day I walked into the kitchen turned the bottles over and look in the living room and you were on your back. I ran to you and put you back on your tummy sent daddy to get the camcorder so we would be ready for a 2nd performance and I promised I would have the same excitement but even more because I would see the whole thing. *I'm still waiting:) You love to stand, you're a little top heavy though so you don't stay on your feet for long before you take a seat. We got you a pool and once you got use to the temp of the water you did "ok" I'm sure at first some of the neighbors probably didn't know what to do.


Tough: you made it round 2 of shots without any motrin. The effects of the shots don't hit you till the evening you usually get your shots around 9 and by 4 you just want to be held. You've never had a fever from the shots but unhappiness you've had.






2 comments:

  1. Ok, I know that this is a sentimental post BUT as I was reading I read Eating as Farting...and it made me laugh out loud and wonder if your little guy had man farts or something and then I realized you actually wrote eating...

    ReplyDelete