Monday, May 24, 2010

weekend wrap up

I have yet to document Marcus' birthday or Mother's Day so on this hot and humid day I will do so.

Marcus' Birthday:
We started celebrating Friday evening with dinner and cupcakes at my parents while there I got Ian's present for him to give to Marcus which he gave to him wrapped in the comic section of the newspaper. He gave him a cake pan filled with flavor ice popsicles (Marcus' favorite and I had to steal them from my parents freezer since they are in-season at Sam's Club just yet). Saturday morning Ian gave Marcus his present, I made french toast and then we hung out at home the rest of the day, took a nap and then headed to Cosmo's Susies's for some yummy pizza with his parents and uncle. From there we headed to my in-laws to indulge in everything we shouldn't indulge in: cake, cheesecake and ice cream. Oh my goodness it was all very good and we continued to eat the cup cakes, cheesecake, and cake all week long. Marcus enjoyed his day and enjoyed staying home not having to do anything or go really anywhere.

Mother's Day:
No sleeping in for this momma which is fine because I'd be afraid if I did I would be capable of spraying milk and we can't risk losing any of the good stuff. Marcus got up made omeletts for breakfast. I had mentioned throughout the week that I wanted us to go to the riverwalk for a nice family walk and then go grocery shopping (yes i wanted to go grocery shopping) we use to go together when we were first married and I enjoyed having a human calculator with me. So Sunday morning I still had no idea what was on the docket for the day. After breakfast Marcus got in the shower and ready to go I took note to what he was wearing and what shoes he wore which told me how I needed to dress. I then showered and texted with my sis for a while getting her opinion on my wardrobe. We feed Ian, I pumped and we were soon walking out the door with me still not knowing what was happening. I mentioned once in the car that I didn't bring a bottle for Ian (I know you're thinking you left the house without a bottle, yes we left the house without a bottle). Marcus told me to close my eyes and he would let me know when I could open them, well I'm really bad with directions so the eyes would randomly open. We were headed to the outlets, I was instructed to buy until Marcus said stop, easy enough right? Well, not so much I'm so accostumed to watching how much I spend on things and talking myself out of things it was tough to go in the complete opposite direction. Gap had some great deals as well as Coach and Gymboree (had to get something for the lil guy) . Ian started revolting while I was in line at Coach so we headed to the car did a diaper change on him and when I went to put him back in the stroller he started revolting again can you blame him though he had been in his carseat for a long time and just wanted to be held so we carried him to Old Navy and then didn't want to risk it any longer without a bottle and headed home. We got carry out and watched a movie. It was a great 1st Mother's Day.

Now it's onto brainstorming for father's day....

No comments:

Post a Comment