Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ian's World

Here's what has been happening in Ian's world lately:

What sports will Ian play. We are going to start prepping him for football or baseball by having him wear a helmet. Yep, you read that right. We take him tomorrow for an evaluation and go from there. I have always noticed his flat spot as did our dr and the one thing I like about our dr is that he gives us time first to try things to correct the issue before referring us elsewhere. We tried for 6mos to do extra tummy time (which translate too a lot of tears and screams from Ian), and time in the bumbo and in the stationary entertainment center and with all that if it was going to correct itself we would have seen improvement by now. And we aren't so it's time. We will obviously learn more tomorrow. Marcus has taken the afternoon off of work to attend the appt. which is great this way what I don't think to ask he will and vice versa. Through some of my research there are quite a few babies out there who were also in the NICU that required this treatment as well. I'm not blaming the NICU our Dr said for Ian it's the way he was hanging out in my uterus. I still found that to be interesting

ByeBye infant carrier hello convertible car seat. We figured with his infant carrier only going to 20lbs and him being 18lbs 3oz (can't forget those 3oz) and with the chances of having a helmet, he and his helmet would be a tight fit in that infant carrier. On Monday since we both had the day off and decided it would be great day to have HORRIBLE customer service we headed over to Babies R Us in search of a car seat for Marcus' car (I already one for mine).

With saying goodbye to the infant carrier and hello to convertible car seat Ian is also saying hello to the shopping cart (and a highly neurotic mother) but not without the proper shopping cart cover to keep all those nasty grocery store germs away from. I'm undecided if I like our current cover. I'm going to do some looking around and I have a 2nd cousin (thank you facebook for helping us stay in contact with family who we would normally only receive Christmas cards and letters from once a year) who is going to look in her arsenal of patterns and see what she can come up with. Back to the shopping cart, Ian can sit on his own for all of 30sec now before tumble to the side or forward...enter neurotic mother so while he is belted into the shopping cart and to keep him from tumbling from one to the other I now drive the shopping with my arms under his keeping him up-right. I may turn into the fastest grocery shopper ever. Hey whatever happened to the show supermarket sweep?

As of right now that's what new in Ian's world. I booked him a slot at Aunt J's to try out the Johnny Jumper thingy tonight stay tuned for video footage.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed moving Gooner to the big car seat. At first she didn't like it, I THINK due to neck support. She didn't warm up to it until one year when she could face forward. What a FUN day!!!! Hope the helmet works wonders for the boy!

    ReplyDelete