Friday, July 23, 2010

Why I do it

Some of you who I'm friends with on FB know that I workout...up to anywhere from 2-3x a day. Yes sometimes 3x in 1 day. Why? Well, when I'm at work I workout at both locations I manage so there are 2 workouts (if you want to call them that I really have zero motivation to workout at work but do it for the clients) and then when I get home from work Marcus, Ian and I hit the road for a run. On the days that I get to be with Ian all day I will go for a run in the AM and then usually do something again in the PM. Before Ian entered ourlives and while I was pregnant I would workout 2x a day everyday except for Saturday's. This all started back in 2005 and I've been working out 2 or 3x a day since before that it was 1 time a day 6 days a week.

Anyways back to the title. I do this because 1)my body is use to it 2)I don't want any health issues as my age increases that can be avoided with a healthy lifestyle 3)I enjoy doing it, I feel accomplished 4)I want to instill into Ian the importance of daily exercise 5)sometimes I suck at making healthy food choices so I try to make it up with exercise 6)I simply want to be healthy and not carry a spare tire around my midsection

A friend has been inviting me to join her at her gym to workout the last week or so and it's been fun to change things up. We went to a bodypump class last week and if you ever have the opportunity to go a Les Mills bodypump class I highly encourage you to check it out. It will push you to your max, leave you with shakey legs and arms and you may not be able to properly shampoo or style your hair for at least 3 days without pain. My sister Marci is currently going thru the certification process to become an instructor. So I expect to have DVD's sent to my house for me to do at home which each new launch. Anyways I'm going back again tomorrow so if you see me around with "Ali hair" it's because I can't wash or brush it.

This week I went to a spinning class this was my 2nd time ever doing spinning and if you are looking to fill a bucket with sweat then you should probably go to a spinning class. Although it really comes down to how hard you want to work and how much you want to put into your workout. I never thought of spinning as a total body workout as who knew you used your core muscles while peddling. Well now I know, and can we please get so more padding on those seats by goodness. I must say this time my butt bones didn't hurt near as much as they did the 1st time.

Overall I really enjoy working out even when my legs are shaking, sweat is dripping and I'm doubting myself as to if I can finish the run that i started. I'm super proud of my hubby for lacing up the running shoes and hitting the road with Ian and I. He has also laced up his basketball shoes and start to shooting hoops with a friend of his and then running afterwards. So in a matter of 3wks he went from a couch potato to a 4x a week worker outer. And is making much healthier food choices. We should pretty much open up a smoothie store. Our blender is getting quite the workout as well.

If you're thinking out about working out you should probably stop thinking and get started. Anything is better than sitting around, you'll feel better and look better.

2 comments: