Monday, June 18, 2012

camping

For Christmas Ian received a tent and tunnel from Santa. The tent has been in the basement in his playroom down there and tunnel as been upstairs and opened up when he wants to play with it.  Since, it's been HOT HOT HOT outside we've been hanging out in the basement a bit more. Ian decided he then needed his tent upstairs, so like good parents we followed his request and up it came.  It hung out in the living room for a couple days and after a few rough nights of Ian invading our bed, II asked if he wanted to sleep in his tent. Holy cow you would have thought I asked if he wanted to go to bed with a bowl of icecream or something (because well if someone tried bribing me with ice cream to sleep in my own bed I would fall for it).  I moved his tent into his room and we gathered his books, pillow, and blankies and couple stuffed animals and in he went into his tent.  We read his books, tucked him in and off to sleepy land he went.  This started last week and only once has a slept in his bed since then, when home he also likes to nap in his tent as well.  My thoughts are if sleeping in the tent means that our bed isn't invaded then I say "camp on lil dude camp on"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment