Sunday, January 20, 2013

December recap part 1

"sigh" wow December was BUSY, although when is December ever not busy? We had the typical Christmas preperation madness going on, we decorate the inside of our house the weekend after Thanksgiving (I had hubby outside on the later inthe early part of Nov thanks to warmer than normal temps, but lights don't get turned on till Turkey night).






Our Home!

Swingset tree




With decorating out of the way, cookie baking started along with shopping. Marcus and I took a day to head over to the outlets and did our shopping for ourselves. So, yes we knew exactly what we were each getting for Christmas, yay no fake smiles or awkward happiness had to occur.  Marcus handled a lot of the shopping for Ian as he knew in mind exactly what all he wanted to get him.  So we had buying for Christmas and Birthday completed and then the big decision of what is for Christmas and what is for Birthday.

Here is our Christmas morning, I was up before anyone else.  I read some of my book club book and peeled and cut the potatoes for mashed potatoes.  Ian walked in and didn't even pay attention to the tree he was concerned about the wearabouts of some gifts he received the previous night for his birthday (part 2). So, I was able to recreate the moment:)

 
this was by the far the "best" present he received

 
 
 
We did Christmas at our house in the morning with just the 3 of us and ate cinnamon rolls, I received a treadmill from my boys so I did a quick 5k run on that and then it was time to shower to get on with the rest of the events of the day and house hopping.
 
Part 2 will recap on the birthday celebrations...
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment