Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ian 3yrs

My buddy boy you are now 3 and if I haven't said it enough I'll say it again.  You are a very loved little boy and have made the past 3yrs some incredible ones. Since your 2.5 yr old post I feel a lot has been accomplished.

I'd say since October (which is when you started potty training in 2011) you are 100% potty trained with an occassional accident, our carpet sure does show that you've been potty training.  You can (it seems some days you find yourself completely helpless and can't do a single thing for yourself while other days you are kicking me out the bathroom) dress yourself  from undies to socks to jeans to shirt to shoes and you have an opinion as to what you're going to wear.  You are still a sweet little boy who knows how to win your mommy over with your compliments of "yours hair looks nice" after I get ready in the morning and "I like your nails" after I paint them.  You started asking the "why" question and never seem satisfied the the answer...which lets be honest here gets annoying real quick!

You can brush your teeth (how well you do is up for debate), run, jump, somersault, swing, throw balls, swim, throw some pretty good taturms, so yeah typical 3yr old stuff.  In late October you started having a little stutter which we are keeping an eye as it's common for your age and for boys.  Your little brain is going a mile a minute and your mouth can't spit the words out as fast your brain is thinking them.

You sleep in a big boy bed (full size) and have yet to fall out, yay for that as I don't like to hear things go thump in the night.  You still kinda rule the house when it comes to bedtime but eventually it happens.  You also like to climb into mommy and daddy's bed too:)

You are still a tough guy to feed, now daddy has the magic touch and you will try new things for him but for me not so much.  You can also stretch dinnertime out to almost 2hrs (which drives me batty). Despite your eating issues you have grown at your 3yr wellness visit you weighed in at 33lbs and are 37.5" tall which puts you in the 50th precentile for both. Now, to compare you to your daddy at his 3yr wellness visit he weighed 39lbs and was 39" tall.  So, although you're not the same you are growing at the same rate considering your length at birth whic you were 19.5" and your daddy was 22" so if someone who really likes numbers and wants to do some math they may be able to confirm my thinking, until then I'm going with you're on track to grow:)

I asked you on your birthday if you would stay my little boy and you said "no, i have to be big". Well, mister I got news for you, you will also be my little boy. You sure have grown up in the past 3yrs though.

 
Ian Matthew,
 
I love you little boy!
 
Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment