Wednesday, August 11, 2010

fixin' the flat

We heard back from insurance and yes I will more than likely being going over my minutes this month due to being on hold for a total of 70min the other day. Over the course of those 70min I think I spoke to someone for all of 3min and was told to call back the next day (Tuesday).

Well yesterday (Tuesday) they called me and told me their decision. And that is that they won't cover because Ian's head is not severe enough. Oh and the first time we heard back from insurance and they said no because it's experimental/investiongation that was for the scanning procedure. They think you should instead take a ruler, yes the long straight stick located in your laundry room or hall closet to get the measurements. Seems very accurcate when you are trying to measure a head that has some roundness to it. Both items are being appealed.

Ian has his molding appt. next week in which they will take a mold of his noggin and send it down to FL. where they will make the reshaper. And when we get back from vacay it will be waiting for us.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh that is SO frustrating. How do people work for insurance companies, denying innocent people like you of help who just want to help their kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you have a kid with a helmet, I think it will be hard to go back. I can't imagine what I will do once Carter has his off. I'll actually have to worry about him bonky his head all the time. He's done it a few times when he's had it off and it just breaks my heart because he cries so bad. He's like, "what the heck?!"

    ReplyDelete