Monday, August 23, 2010

In 8mos we will be...

celebrating Marcus' completion of the Clay Fire Territory Academy (no, I'm NOT pregnant). That is pending the completion of 425hrs which includes classroom time, station time, ER time, and Medic time. Which translates to 425hrs of single parenting. This is a sacrifice I'm more than happy to make as we move towards career happiness for Marcus.



To say that civil service is a family tradition is pretty true for us. My Poppie H (my dad's dad) is a retried Indiana State Trooper and boy does he have some great stories. My Poppy W (my mom's dad) retired from Clay Fire after 40yrs of service and he has been a witness to the many steps and leaps that the department has taken over the past 50+yrs. My dad has been on the department for 30+yrs (longer than he and my mom have been married). My cousin is also on the department and his brother is also going through the academy with Marcus. So, to say that our family is familiar with the lifestyle is a very true statement. I say bring it on...I'm ready (I think)

To those that I asked to keep us in your prayers, I say thank you! Now keep us in your prayers for the next 8mos

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for everyone!!!!!! This is going to make the holidays extra exciting;)

    ReplyDelete