Monday, August 16, 2010

guests vs theme vs colors vs time vs location

WARNING...WARNING...I'm totally thinking out loud and my thoughts are rather all over the place. Good luck trying to follow along.

In no time we will be celebrating the 1yr mark with our lil mister and I would be lying if I said I haven't thought about it. Marcus and I are still in the talks of who would be on the guest list. Will it be strictly family or family and few close friends but then where do you draw the line in the "few close friends" category? Will we have 2 separate gatherings of his family and mine due to crazy work schedules?

The next topic is do you have a theme? In which then not only does your decor and cake revolve around the theme but then so do your invitations and then all of sudden because your invites have a monkey or elephant on them every gift is then a monkey or elephant. Or do you just go with 2-3 coordinating colors and have it? When I mentioned the colors idea to Marcus he said "like green and red" always looking for a deal always.

Next on the docket is time. Mid-morning, afternoon or evening? Seeing as though a)it's New Year's eve and b)my dad has to be to work by 7p (to allow some youngin' to go off and party the night away) I'm thinking mid-morning or afternoon. We could do a brunch or we could do lunch or we could spoil everyone's afternoon and do it right smack dab in the middle of the day and offer snacks:) I've heard of others who have new year's eve babies that they do a early afternoon gathering and when it turns 12p they throw confetti and blow blowers and all that jazz. Now, that might sound like fun for maybe a child that actually has a clue as to what is happening but I really don't see it for a 1st birthday. Can you picture 20+ adults all waiting with so much excitement for the clock to turn 12p?

Location is also something we have thought about and oh yeah mom and dad it's more than likely going to be at your house. Why? Well seeing as though anymore than 3 adults in our house would put anyone who is claustrophobic into a panic attack of dry heaving. It's best we have it were people can roam freely without feeling as though they are in the Line Backer (during a home game weekend) trying to get back to their group after getting a drink from the bar.

In case you didn't follow I'm trying to figure out what to do for Ian's 1st birthday.

What did you do or plan to do for your child's 1st birthday?

2 comments:

  1. Ha, love the thinking out loud, honestly I haven't thought too hard about it other than, I know it will be fun once the actual planning begins, I think whatever you decide to do it will work with other people, your the momma and Ian will love all the attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we did a bigger party than usual for colts bday party. smaller guest list this year, but #1 is a big deal. 'smaller guest list' is used very lightly since my family is like 20 people in and of itself :)

    ReplyDelete