Tuesday, September 14, 2010

16 reasons

Summer is winding down, the temps are decreasing,the leaves are changing colors and that means one thing. Fall is practically knocking on the door and because I like lists so much I'm gonna list a few of the things I'm looking forward.


1. lighting candles, I know you can light candles year round but I really feel funny about doing so in the summer, I know it's weird. Anyways I set out on Tuesday to bath and bodyworks with giftcard in hand in search of fall candles. I got 2 3-wick candles and a room spray all for 26.75 with tax. The candles were on sale 2 for 20, I got one for fall and one for winter, the room spray is neutral.

2. homemade applesauce made with apples picked by ME!

3. Change in wardrobe. I don't know what it is but after months of wearing shorts, skirts, capris, and tank tops I'm ready to put on jeans and longsleeve shirts.

4.homemade apple pie again made with apples picked by ME!

5.football, although I do like football it's also a great naptime without feeling guilty that I'm not doing anything productive. Now, if game time would just match up with Ian's naptime I'll be all set.

6.tailgating, this is season #2 of not being able to enjoy a few adult beverages while catching up with friends in a parking lot. But that is ok, my time will come.

7. open windows, the hum or in our case the rattle of the air conditioner going is no longer heard.

8. leaves are changing colors and falling to the ground, I know my dad does not like that part of it, as his leaf picking up crew is down to a 1 man operation (sorry dad)

9. pumpkins and pumpkin patches

10. hot chocolate and hot cider (not for me but for the hubs)

11. enjoying an afternoon run without having the feeling that I'm going to die because it's 90 degrees outside.

12. comfort foods. need I say more?

13. new seasons of my favorite TV shows come back.

14. Chelssie introduced me to a fun fall trail mix of: candy corn, peanuts, rasins, and m&m's. Oh so yummy and easy, I am going to toss in some crasins as well.

15. soup, we are big soup people however because we are both super picky our soup choices are limited to: chicken noodle, potato, and broccoli. I know very boring, Marcus does have a larger soup liking than I do those are just the ones we are agree on. He likes chicken corn chowder and chili, and well I won't touch either one of those with a 9ft pole. So if he wants it he's gotta get it or make it himself.

16. Oatmeal, yes I like oatmeal and come fall/winter that is all I eat for breakfast. In the spring/summer I eat cold cereal usually Kashi.

See living in the midwest isn't all that bad. What are some of the things you look forward to with the change in seasons?

2 comments:

  1. What are changes in seasons?! I've not experience such a thing in a long time:( No comment from the peanut gallery is allowed b/c I know your response to this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, alllllll good thing!

    ReplyDelete