Sunday, September 26, 2010

Race To Zero

Today Ian and I ran in a 5k race (Race to Zero) at the Mishawaka Riverwalk to help raise money to stop child abuse. This was my first time racing with Ian, there aren't many races that allow strollers so I was looking forward to giving it a try. It was a gorgeous fall day there were well over 100 registered runners. We finished 36th overall, 10th in my age group and 1st in Ian's age group our time was 26min 15sec (chip time). There were quite a few other strollers and one gave us a run for our money towards the end but I pushed ahead and was bound and determined not to be passed. Ian did great during the race he sang/talked to me the whole time. There were awards but we did not stay for them as we needed to get home. I hope to do more races in which Ian can participate



Ian and I before the race

Ian and I after the race



Here's a video, you can see Ian and I crossing the finish line and the stroller that tried beating us close behind.


Here's the results. I was the 4th female to finish in my age group, there were a total of 138 registered runners. I'm quite pleased with my placing.

1 comment:

  1. looking good girl!!! you should be so proud of yourself for being in such good shape with just having a baby such a short time ago. and way to go Ian on your first race!!

    ReplyDelete