Wednesday, September 1, 2010

SD Part 2

Day 2: My dad, sister and I started the day out with a run around the Petco stadium and Gaslamp Quaters of San Diego. Came back ate some breakfast and got around for adventure #3.

Adventure #3: snorkeling at La Jolla Cove, once again after some bad directions due to bad information that we were given we arrived at our destination. Seriously if you wanna just move to Cali all you really need is a rubbermaid tote on wheels, some wetsuits, fins, goggles and blow straws things and you got yourself a business. Needless to say I'm sure there is a group of small children that had nightmares that night. As they had to witness 6 adults trying to squeeze into small black wetsuits that the snorkel guide insisted would stretch out once we got in the 60 degree water. Yep I said the water temp was around 60 if not colder. All I know is that I lost feeling in my fingers and toes.



















It was an adventure, we swam with sea lions, fish and a jelly fish that we swam way out an around. It was kinda hard to see anything and there was quite a bit of kelp and this seagrass stuff. It wasn't seaweed it was actual grass, I'm sure there is a real technical name for it but I'm going to call it seagrass. It was what I said an adventure and we can say that we swam in the brr chilly cold pacific ocean.

We headed back to the condo, an enroute someone I won't mention any names (it wasn't me this time) apparently ingested quite a bit of saltwater that revisited their towel. Wouldn't be a vacay if someone didn't lose it in the car. So it felt good that it wasn't me this time. Once back we showered and made out our game plan for the rest of the day. Which involved 2 more adventures.

Adventure #4 Harbor Tour Excursion:
We had orginally planned on doing the 2hr tour but we didn't have time so we opted for the 1hr tour instead


Ian's thoughts of the tour:


Marcus and I:



Adventure #5 The famous San Diego Zoo



The zoo is huge, we had no where near enough time to get through the whole thing, we did enjoy a nice dinner. But can I just say San Diego Zoo you need baby changing stations in your bathrooms even at the restaurants. Poor Ian has had to have his diaper changed in some odd places due to the lack of changing areas for babes.

1 comment:

  1. 1) Love hearing your adventure stories! Sounds like you all had soo much fun
    2) you look AMAZING post Ian! I wish we lived closer, you could train me!
    3) Can't wait to hear more!!

    ReplyDelete