Friday, September 3, 2010

SD Part 4

Day #3 cont'd and Adventure #5 After adventure #4 we loaded into the swagger wagon and headed off to adventure #5 which was Disneyland. Have I mentioned before how much I love my sister's part-time/seasonal job working for the mouse? Yeah, well I love it!! We arrived and headed to the Happiest Place on Earth, this was Ian's first visit to the mouse but won't be his last as long as my sister works for the mouse or has some really great friends:) The "we are tourists picture" and check out that Castle, it's so itty bitty compared to Disney World's!! We headed towards some rides after my sister made a quick trip back to City Hall to obtain a ticket for herself as her Disney ID was apparently not good enough. We ran into some characters along the way (the pictures are in no particular order of how we saw them): The Chipmunks were headed in for a break and wouldn't stop for a picture so instead we walk with them while Marci snapped pictures: We got one of them, YAY: Curella DeVille was around and mean, she asked "how old that thing in the stroller was and then said you know mom, he's not going to remember any of this?" I said yes I'm aware no pose for a picture! No, that part didn't really happen like that but still. Marcus said I should've told yes and you're mean!! Apparently these 2 guys are from Alice in Wonderland (we really weren't sure at the time, they simply had a short line or actually no line at all so we took advantage of the opportunity) Penguins from Mary Poppins (again they didn't have much of a line either) The biggest difference we noticed was that the Characters were pretty much on their own, if you've ever been to DW all the characters have a character handler (security) walking with them and standing with them at all times. Apparently the guests in FL are really rowdy compared to those in Cali. We went on about 6 different rides and Ian fell asleep on each one except for the Toy Story one. He even managed to fall asleep to the Captain EO 3D thing we saw. Finding Nemo ride in which you ride in s submarine, Ian loved watching the bubbles. Next up was It's a Small World as it wouldn't be a trip to Disney if you missed it. While at Disney we celebrated my parent's 34th Wedding Anniversary (a day early) with dinner. Happy Anniversary!!! The restaurant gave Ian a kid's menu and I insisted on completing all the activities on it. Ian seemed a bit jealous of the attention I was giving to the activities. He is also sitting so far away from the table because he felt it was necessary to pull everything off the table. Ian with his Aunt CiCi who managed to not play Diaper Roulette the whole time. I would like to know the reasoning behind Disney putting rolls of toilet paper above the changing stations. Ian enjoyed it a lot. If you ever visit the Mouse with a lil one both DL and DW have Baby Care Centers in which you can go into and take care of all your babies needs in a comforting environment. They have a curtained off area to breastfeed or pump, a nice diaper changing area, and potties for those who are 42" or shorter to use. They also sell diapers, stage 2 food, formula, and pacifiers. While I was in there 2 dads came in and said in very desperate tones "I heard you sell pacifiers!!" one even asked if they had an area to let the kiddos nap while they ventured through the park. That question got a big NO!! And at the First Aid Center they will keep your pump for you while you visit the park without having to worry about carrying it around. We of course had to visit the one and only Mickey Mouse!! Ian loved him!
Ian also kissed Mickey's nose but of course I didn't get a picture or video of that, and I only got video because the camera was on the wrong setting.

1 comment:

  1. Correction I played Diaper Roulette just was never the "lucky" one. P.S. You need to send me the pic of Ian and I at dinner or post to FB, thanks!

    ReplyDelete