Sunday, November 14, 2010

feeling naked

*WARNING SUPER LONG (but if it saves someone else from experiencing what we've been through then it's all worth it)*

My ring finger that is. The jeweler has my wedding band and engagement ring in order to tighten the prongs before the diamond falls out and is forever lost for the 2nd time. Yes, you read that right. I'm currently on my 3rd diamond, a girls dream right?? NO!!! One would think I do manual labor for a living.

Let's back track 5yrs ago. In April 2005 I acquired my 1st piece of left hand, ring finger jewelery. June 2006 the diamond fell out and was forever gone (we were getting married Aug 2006). Off to the jewelery store with diamond bond in hand, where the manager Ron (I was going to change his name but decided to scrap that idea and since I'm scraping that idea I'll also scrap the idea of not revealing the name of the jewelery company: Gordon's Jewelery) said it would take 4-6wks (we barely had 6wks) to get it back. There is good news and that is with the diamond bond they have to match what you had or upgrade you to the same quality but larger carat weight, see I told you good news. 6wks go by and we get my ring back and to say we were not satisfied is an understatement. The new diamond was bigger but had a huge carbon spot dead center in the diamond, which did not meet the diamond bond policy. However, we had no time to send it back and have it back to us in time for the wedding. A few months after the wedding we ventured back to Gordon's where Ron said it would be another 4-6wks...lovely just what a new bride wants to be without her main piece of hardware for 4-6wks. Anyways, the 6wk mark goes by and we hear nothing so I start calling and Marcus starts making weekly visits on his lunch hour to basically drill Ron on the ring whereabouts. Turns out it came back but he wasn't happy with the newest diamond (so I guess this is diamond #4) so he sent it back without telling us till much later. Meanwhile we now are calling daily and Marcus is up to 2 trips a week to spend his lunch hour drilling Ron on a arrival date. A total of 3months go bye and my ring is finally back on my hand. Marcus picked it up and in his drilling Ron guaranteed us a lifetime warranty on the ring and went about making note of this in the computer system. Marcus asked if we needed anything and was told no it's in the computer.

Fast forward to this past week Ian and I were at the mall to get a new battery in Marcus' watch and while at the jewelers I decided to have them clean my rings and necklace. And during this process is where the noticed the prongs were lose and the diamond could fall out at any given moment. They obviously suggested we send it to the jeweler ASAP which I agreed. This is where things took a turn, they asked if I had the ESA (extended service agreement) I said yes and told them the whole story behind the diamond that was currently being held in by loose prongs. They do a search and tell me that I don't have an ESA and that I can purchase one for 149.00 or pay the price of what needs to be fixed, in the meantime I'm on the phone with Marcus whose response when I said my ring has loose prongs and they can't find the ESA was "you've go to be kidding me and we aren't paying for anything". I knew I had all ring related paperwork at home tucked away safely so Ian and I headed home which he was more than ready for our departure. I will save you all the details, I found nothing in our paperwork all we had at the time was what we were told almost 4yrs ago. I call the store and tell them what I know, the store manager calls me back and says there is nothing they can do, they want a happy customer though (umm hello NOT happy). I rely this info to Marcus and he is for better words PISSED and heads off to the mall. He comes home after about a 1/2hr and it turns out they found where in the computer Ron had put the note about a lifetime warrant. Oh I forgot to mention that Ron is no longer with the company (fancy that). The new store manager would have to run this by her district manager but they would cover the repair costs for the prongs. As the store manager was writing up the repair she said to Marcus "Oh I get it the wife sends in her big burly husband" (really lady that's what you want to say to someone?). I stop in on Friday to drop off my ring and the SM tells me that after this repair we will have to purchase a lifetime warranty or pay for repairs as they come up. I tell ok that I will rely the message to Marcus and she says "if you want to send him again that's fine I'll talk to him" (again not making any friends here). Now, the only reason Marcus went into the store was because he was the one who purchased the ring and dealt with Ron one on one. Not because his wife couldn't handle a situation. As it is I'm the main situation dealer in the family. Marcus has since emailed corporate in how the situation was handled and how he was treated.

We've been told to expect it back on the 18th, she put a rush on it. How nice!!

1 comment:

  1. I am about to be totally high school-ish but this mess definitely deserves an OMG! I can definitely see why you are frustrated and hope (and pray) that the corporate office makes it right. Keep us updated!

    Also, you need to go to Kohl's stat for a stand-in fake ring just so your poor right finger doesn't have to be naked any longer. ;)

    ReplyDelete