Friday, November 5, 2010

oh crap mode

It's amazing what can be accomplished when in Oh Crap Mode. Take for example Wednesday morning. Ian woke up at 2 something in the AM uncosoleable crying and thrashing (if anyone has some insight on this I'm open as it has been going on for over 2wks and I'm over it). Anyways I rocked him (the glider chair in his room finally coming in handy 10mos later) for about an hour and then quickly jumped back in bed and fell fast asleep. My alarm is set to go off 5:35 on Wednesday (work days..bleech) I don't have to be up till 5:45. Whoever invented the snooze button I thank you you're a genius. Anyways my phone gives me 2 options SNOOZE or DISMISS (see where this is going??). In my incoherentness I apparently picked DISMISS and woke up feeling somewhat refreshed until I looked at my phone and saw 6:29 that's right almost an hr late. Which is when my butt hightailed into oh crap mode and as I bound of out bed Marcus looks at his phone and in a sleepy state says "aren't you suppose to be ready by now?" My response was yes but my thought was Yeah, thanks for pointing out the obivious to me and you're lucky I'm not all the way awake to go off you. I head for the shower and decided that I wasn't going to wash my hair my justification was that the hair professionals say you shouldn't wash daily. I get in the shower and wet my hair down and before I know it there is shampoo in my and hand and I'm washing my hair (stupid routine). Great, so much for trying to save time with that idea. I finish up my normal shower routine and getting myself around. I head out to the kitchen and look at the clock and it was 7a prefect I still had time to eat breakfast and luckily I made my lunch and everything the night before. I was finally able to B-R-E-A-T-H and was thankful that Ian was still sleeping which saved me some time and that he was headed to my parents. In which he could go in his jammies and eat his firts meal there. That was just the beginning of my day...

Once at work I was on the phone with tech support and after being on the phone with them for an hour I headed to my next location. On my drive I passed a lady walking with a 6 pack of Corona's a few thoughts ran through my head. 1)oh that is sad it is only 9:30 2)I'm sad but also jealous 3)wonder if she needs a ride because a corona after the morning I've had would be nice.

There you go a morning I would love to forget but it almost happened again this AM, least I know I can get completely ready in a 1/2hr.

1 comment:

  1. Hillarious :) I love that fact that you wanted to share alchy & your sorrows with a homeless drunk woman. haha. Tomorrow is always a new day.

    ReplyDelete