Tuesday, December 14, 2010

padded room

There is nothing like adding more to a do list in December to make a person go crazy.  Between work and home the to do list is never ending.  In order to wrap my head around these list I shall write them out.  This helps right, it's a move in the right direction for someone who may or may not be going crazy?

Home List:
cleaning- I swear it's like making a necklace that has not been tied off on the end.  Every week it's the same routine. Keep in mind I work 9.5-10hr days Mon, Wed, Fri
Mon: give both dogs bath (the are included in housework because it's because of them I have hairy floors and regular baths helps with the shedding) and clean bathroom, since cleaning supplies are out mind as well clean the kitchen sink. Sweep floors
Tues: Wash couch toss pillow covers, and sheet that is over couch cushions since the dogs insist on laying on couch, tackle floors, I'm talking hands and knees here folks. Vaccuum like a mad woman (I ran the vaccuum so long on Sunday it over heated and was on strike for a lil while). 
Wed: sweep floors again...and if they didn't get tackled on Tues then they get tackled this day
Thurs: pick-up bedrooms, dust, swiffer
Fri: if you're still standing swiffer
Sat: swiffer
Sun: swiffer
That is my weekly cleaning routine and on top of that we are in the month of December which means shopping, baking, wrapping, addressing/licking envelopes is also on the to do list.  We give out cookie plates as our gift to extended family and friends/co-workers I have 3 more batches of cookies that I want to do and then on Thursday I'm getting together with my MIL to bake more. Plan Ian's 1st Birthday Bash

Work:
Now I only work 3 days a week but I'm on call 5.5 days a week.  Meaning my phone is subject to go off at any time while in the middle of tackling at home to do list.  Anyways, at work we are getting a new operating system, not sure what happened to the saying "if it's not broke don't fix it" but the company thinks we need a new system. So, I've got 4wks to enter over 300 members into new system and then I found out that that is just the beginning of what has to happen and the real work starts once we launch on Jan 10th.  Keep in mind I manage 2 facilities meaning I have to do the above entry again only for more than 350 members and I have a bit more time but not much.  I spoke with the operating system support team yesterday and requested that a bottle of wine be included to assist in the data entry and launch phase (I'm not even a big wine person).  Luckily I can bring work home with me but it's trying to find the time to do it in at home to do list. 

If by the end of the month I turn up missing or you haven't heard from please check the padded rooms at the local hospitals as that is probably where I'm at.

1 comment:

  1. And I thought I was busy...

    It is nice to read the blog of another working mama. It is hard to get it all done when you work (I completely understand that!) and I love the necklace analogy because that is exactly how it feels at times.

    On a side not, have you ever tried the furminator? I hear it does wonders for dog hair.

    ReplyDelete