Tuesday, December 7, 2010

word choice

Warning this is a rant post. It's nothing big but it irritated me so thought I would put it out there and see if I'm wrong for being irritated. Here goes:

I picked Ian up from the sitters yesterday and right away I noticed he was in his back-up clothes and can I just say I'm so glad I put new back-up clothes in his cubby.  On Friday he was in his back up clothes and oh my thank goodness we were headed straight home as if we had errands to run we would've gone home first before hand. Not sure what i was thinking when I put these pants in his cubby as back-up no boy should have these pants in their wardrobe


Sorry got off track back to ranting...as I was saying I picked Ian up and he was in his new back-up clothes and so I said the owner (M) of the daycare "oh he had another messy one?" M: yeah, I've got his other clothes in the washer (can I just say how lucky we are to have a sitter who will wash any clothes that end up getting messy while at daycare). Well M has some people who help here throughout the day and today was the day that the lady (K) who I'm not that fond of was there.  I only have one thing that ever happened that put that opinion in my mind.  And that is right after Ian got his helmet and every time when she was there and he was there she would say to me "so how much longer does he have to wear that thing" (while pointing to his helmet and making a god awful face).  Yeah, like I said not my favorite person.  Back to rant sorry...like I said Ian had a messy diaper again resulting in a entire outfit change down to the socks. Well, K said it like this "yeah, he made quite the crap". Really who says crap when referring to A) a human and B) a BABY.  After K just heard M and I talking about how he had another messy diaper.  I was caught completely off guard as I was not expecting that word used in the daycare setting.  It could because I have never used that word (I can't even type it anymore) to describe bodily functions in humans or animals. 

So there is my rant and can I just say even after writing the whole situation out it still gets to me.  I laugh about it as I'm still in shock over it.  Luckily she is not there very often (when she is there she is only there for about 2hrs) and Ian's only there 2 days a week so the occassions of her being there when Ian's there are very slim and rare.

Am I completely out there for finding this to be shocking, maybe I live under a rock and should come out every once a while? Oh who knows at least I'm laughing about it...right?

2 comments:

  1. That lady shouldn't be in child care and that words inappropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand where you're coming from. Although I think crap is a better choice of words than others, it's not something you want your child saying, therefore the care giver shouldn't be saying it. I wouldn't be afraid to express that to the lady in charge. You have to be 100% comfortable with the people you entrust to watch your child and I'm a firm believer in airing your feelings. I've had some serious talks with the lady that watches my child and I have found that she is way more comfortable with me saying something, than not saying something.

    Oh and I totally get the helmet thing!! My sister-in-law would constantly ask when Carter was going to get "that thing" off and it really bothered me everytime she asked. It's like, why are you worried about it?! You don't have to wear it or pay for it, so shut your mouth! Sorry, there's my rant. lol. I hope K gets her mouth in line. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete