Friday, December 31, 2010

1yr


Good Morning Birthday Boy!!

Birthday Balloons!

Ian, Buddy a year ago today you entered our lives and changed them forever. You are the light of lives, everything we do we do for you (I think that's a song or something like that). The past 12mos have been life changing, tearful, fun, comical, amazing, tiring and probably the best months of our lives. I know from here on out it's just going to get better and better. I loved each stage of your first 12mos I would love to combine a few though (constantly sleeping newborn with the ability to hold your own bottle...just tossing it out there). You are a great baby, very laid back, go with the flow, adjust to you surroundings quickly kind of baby. I wouldn't change anything about the past year, I'm thankful for the Memorial NICU team that took such great care of you the first few days of your life. I'm thankful you were not in the NICU for anything super serious but just needed some guidance from some very well-educated folks.

It's amazing to me how in just a year how one can go to being helpless and like a bowl of jello to a boy on the move. Who can basically do everything by yourself while making a huge mess.  When you come into a room you start to wave, in your world you are in a parade everyday. You generally get a bath everyday it's just trying to figure out after which meal though. You like to swing your arms or wave at the dogs just as I'm coming in with the spoon full of food. 

Time for some bullets of accomplishments:
  • Teeth: you have 4 teeth (2 on bottom, 2 on top) and more coming in, that are causing you some grief and me lack of sleep.
  • Health: had your first ear infection this month, which was another cause of lack of sleep.  You put up quite the fight with Dr C while he attempted to check you out.  It took him and mommy holding you down and he called you a tank. You are overall a very healthy baby.
  • Mobility: you have the crawling thing down, as well as pulling yourself up and getting into things you shouldn't.  You were very disappointed when the child proof locks were installed.
  • Food: you are becoming a bit more picky on your food options.  Overall you are a great eater, you have shown interest in taking over the spoon however it's never at the right time.  I give you your own spoon and you feed me as I feed you.  Keeps you occupied while I shovel in foods that you may not enjoy as much but your having fun feeding mommy so you don't care as much. You dislike wearing bibs during meal time and will pull them off any chance you get.  You managed to pull off a bib that snapped with a metal snap...strong lil guy.
  • Words: Dada, bababa, rfgagfuiegf, kbckasehr,aldvlyrfvgal, and alshjfgse. I think that covers it.
  • Interactions: you are very social and usually wave to everyone and anyone. You are also good at going to just about anyone, depends on your mood but very rarely are you shy.
  • Hygiene: you enjoy bath time, dislike having your teeth brushed, nails clipped, or nose suckered out. Diaper changes have become a bit more interesting now that you want to roll over and sit up.  The other day I had the belt from the changing pad connected and tightened and you managed to roll over and then backed yourself out of it. 
  • Stability: you stood on your own for a few seconds on Christmas day. You were standing in front of daddy and we were all talking when daddy said "I think he's standing cause he's not hanging onto me or the ottaman (the only things near you)" VIOLA way to go Buddy we then distracted you and you fell down...oops.
  • Sleeping Habits: you nap beautifully usually 2 2-hour naps a day, night time has become a bit more challenging in the past 3 months or so.  Lately you've been sleeping through the night just waking up at 5:30 or so in the AM...a bit too early Buddy.
  • Paci: I can't remember the last time you took a paci, you just decided you didn't want/need it anymore.  Have to say that was EASY!!!
As I said above this past year has been one of the best years of my life I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Happy 1st Birthday Ian Matthew!!!

Love you!

*I'm still trying to figure out this new blogger update...sorry about the pictures










Enjoying Birthday Cinnamon Rolls!!

mmm...good

5 comments:

  1. Happy 1st Ian!!!! XOXO Love the Jones'..P, I met you when you were itty bitty can we schedule a playdate again, this time you can meet G!!!! Also you're soooo cute :) Eat lots of cake for Mommy and Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your little guy!

    I love how you said that his words are dada and "aksjfejiewosk." That made me smile :)

    The cinnamon rolls look like they turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momma & Daddy HummellJanuary 4, 2011 at 7:57 PM

    Ashley, Everything you said is so true, and his words sound just like that. This has been a wonderful year for all of us. Being a Grammie has been extremely rewarding. You my wonderful daughter have been a very beautiful, loving, wife and mother! Both you and Marcus have done great at this Father and Mother role. Daddy and I are very proud of you. As I have told Ian, there are not enough hearts in this world to tell or show you how much we Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babies grow so much that first month! I love it! I love the pictures! He's such a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete