Tuesday, February 8, 2011

tough love week 1

I think my dark circles are starting to fade after some tough love was administered. It all started Friday night, Marcus was at the station and since he is the one with the weak heart for a crying child I deemed that night Cry It Out Night. Ian went to bed between 8:30-9, I went to bed around 11. Fast forward to 1 something and the crying starts, 45min later it either stopped or I fell back asleep, fast forward to 4 something when the crying started again and lasted for 10min. Fast forward to 6:30 when my alarm went off (yes, I set my alarm on Saturday's, gotta get a workout in). I managed to get a workout in and a shower before my lil guy woke up. He ate an entire bowl of oatmeal and we went on with our day with 2 naps and some other good meals.

Saturday Night: Ian went to bed around 9, fast forward to 4a when the crying started. After 30min, Marcus gets up and gets him a drink of water and he goes back to sleep. Now, you are thinking what I'm thinking "Marcus let him cry it out for 30min" oh but wait fast forward to the morning time. Ian slept till 8 something, Marcus then was telling his mom about our night and he didn't even hear him till like 25min into the crying out. Gotta say it typical guy for ya.

Sunday Night: Bed around 8:30, and if you asked me Monday morning how the night went I said he slept through. But according to Marcus he heard Ian moving around so he stuck his head in and then Ian saw him and wanted out so his weak heart for babies kicked in. And basically undo all my tough love.

Monday Night: Same bedtime as the previous nights, however he was not himself. Before bed he had no real appetite and a lot of gas and liquidy messy diapers. I heard him a couple different times throughout the night and went to check on him and he had another liquidy messy diaper. But we did not end up on the couch.

Tuesday Night (Blizzard night): Slept till about 4 then woke up crying, fell back asleep till 6 something when he heard Marcus not so quietly getting ready to snow blow the driveway.

Wednesday Night: bedtime as previous nights, woke up around 1 something I laid with him on the couch and noticed the house was a bit chilly as I ordered both dogs on the couch to have one lay on my legs and the other on my feet. Laid Ian back in his crib and he woke up again at 4 at which point I looked at our thermostat and noticed it was reading about 62 (it's set so the house is at 72) at which point I woke Marcus up and told him I was bringing Ian into our bed.  **Off topic Marcus then got up to looked at it did some flipping and got the heat to kick on but not for long so he got dressed and headed to the closest 24hr store and bought a new thermostat, installed it and we were getting warm again. All this at 4a what a good husband taking care of his family.

Thursday Night: bedtime as previous nights, woke up around 4 again and then went back to bed till I woke him to head to the sitters.

There is week 1 I can't say major progress has been made but I feel we are getting somewhere.  Both Marcus and I (me more) are becoming immuned to the crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment