Friday, June 4, 2010

common courtsey?

Isn't it common courtesy to hello back when someone says hello to you? Did I miss something? I mean I know I basically missed the the new year but I'm pretty sure common courtesy what not something that we gave up. During my runs Ian and I go to one of the area river walks and there are always people there. I always say hello or good morning with a smile on face in passing and very rarely is it reciprocated. I don't get it, I'm not looking for a conversation or best friend just a friendly hello back.
I will have some days where everyone I smile at and say hello too will acknowledge and reciprocate and then there are days (lots) where I can't get even get a smile out of people. I feel like if people acknowledge my hello and smile that they are nice enough that if I were to be in some kind of trouble that they would be kind enough to help me. You know sending out good karma will bring good karma to me, or treat others how you want to be treated. The basics we all learned way back when we were wee little people figuring this world out.

Am I asking for too much??

No comments:

Post a Comment