Wednesday, June 9, 2010

soft talker

The past 3 days I have been a soft talker. You know the Seinfeld episode that Jerry ends up in a pirate shirt because he couldn't hear what the lady was saying? Ummm...what could I make people do?? Thank goodness for unlimited texting and the internet.

I feel fine I just have no voice so I whisper and re-whisper until the person I'm speaking to has invaded my personal space. I had to conduct interviews for work on Monday and then again today. It has been pretty funny though, I went to Target yesterday and I had the lady at the service department whispering back and she didn't notice until I told her she didn't have to whisper. It happened again today when I stopped in the offices at the fire station to pick up somethings I had one of the ladies in there whispering back. The other thing that people have done is talk louder as if I whisper because I can't hear. Why do we do that? My sister says they do that down in Florida at her work when speaking to those who speak little to no english they talk louder as if it's going to make a difference. Too funny...

Then I'll have people point out the obvious, they say hello I whisper hello back then they say oh you have no voice...really I had no idea my voice was gone. Then we go through the whole let's play Dr thing and they come up with no medical diagnosis what so ever. Fun times...

No comments:

Post a Comment