Tuesday, June 29, 2010

non-sense


Bunch of non-sense and ramblings of the past few weeks.

*our camera fell in the pool, don't ask why or how just be sad for me. Thanks


*Father's Day Weekend: my sis in-law and her hubby came to town and they were to stay w/my in-laws. Well Mother Nature had other plans and huge storm came through leaving us in the dark for about 3hrs Friday night (with 6 people, 1 baby and 4 dogs in our house) and my in-laws without power for about 48hrs. My parents were without power for over 72hrs (they have a big generator and didn't risk losing any freezer food or use of the potty). Back to the weekend though, since A)we live in the city and have city water we can use as much as we want and our water heater is gas (BONUS), B)my in-laws live in the county and have a well and septic meaning they can't use their water or if they do they have limited flushes. That translate to us being the sole entertainers for the weekend. So on Friday, Saturday and Sunday we feed and entertained 6 people, 1 baby and 4 dogs...that translate into exhaustion and a very dirty house!!!

*Since my in laws didn't have power or a generator we got their ice cream!!!

*Since we were entertaining Marcus didn't get the Father's Day we had pl which was doing a whole lot of nothing but relaxing instead we did the exact opposite Ian and I got him some exhaust something or other for the Jeep. So meaningful...Ian did make a craft at the sitters the picture of it is sitting on the other camera.

*To escape some of the madness the entertaining weekend I took a spinning class Saturday morning which allowed me to have "me time" and gain some sore butt bones.

*I turned another year older Tuesday (june 8th) we celebrated it and my sister being in town at Olive Garden. Marcus and Ian presented me my push/b-day gift, Ian's birthstone. My parents got me a new bikini top. No, they don't expect to run around bottomless I'm using some of my b-day money to get new bottoms the top is just super pricey but very cute and comfortable. My sister gave me 13.1 miles, she paid the registration fee for the 1/2 marathon I ran. Thanks much family love you guys!

*We had another storm pass through Wednesday night we were under a tornado watch and like any normal person when the TV people said head down to your basement, I pulled up the blinds and looked out and then raced around doing things in case we lost power. We didn't lose power and no tornado's came through I did have clean floors and dishes though.

*this is the one time of year there is no disagreement over the covers. Despite the 70 degree temps at night and 80 something % humidity I sleep with all the covers on a and 1 leg out of the covers. Crazy I know

*On Wednesday at work we had to call 911 for the fire department to inspect the smoke we were smelling and today we had to 911 for the police to get a report of a attempted vehicle break-in. These things both happened before 8am.

No comments:

Post a Comment