Wednesday, October 27, 2010

crafty

I like to be crafty and tap into my inner Martha Stewart. When my craft bug comes out Marcus usually becomes a little concerned. As he usually required to assist in some way if he doesn't want any injuries to occur.

I've made mosiac coasters, mosiac framed mirrors (hey, I had materials leftover don't judge). I made all of the favors for our wedding. I like crafts what can I say. Often times I will walk into a gift shop and see something and then see the price tag and think I can make that myself and there is no need to pay that price for something I can do myself.

I made this a few years ago and Marcus was required to drill the holes for the ribbon. I offered but he quickly took over.




I also enjoy to crochet which for Marcus he is just required to wear what I make him. His co-workers have told on him though as he never wears his scarf into work. He would wear it when he left the house and then apparently once he was away from house he would strip himself of the scarf. And if you recall back when I was on bedrest I started taking apart his scarf. So maybe this fall I will work on making it into a hat as when I asked Marcus what I should make out of it he said a hat.

I started last night and well...after having about 5 google windows opened trying to figure it out I went to youtube. I got the 1st row figured out now I just have to perfect the 2nd row, needless to say Marcus can probably expect to receive a hat by next winter. As when I make anything new I tend to take it apart at some point and start over mostly because after about row 5 I finally figure out what it was I suppose to be doing in all the other rows. When I first started to crochet I think I made the same scarf about 3x until I deemed it good enough to wear in public. Now, I know I could take a class but really do I want to sit around with a bunch mature ladies as we discuss chains and gait?? No, I much prefer to figure it out on my own and ask for advice from others along the way. Heck I taught myself how to do from following pictures in a book, there was one set of instructions that my aunt had to come over and assist me with but other than that on my OWN.

Ian and I went to the store yesterday to do some pricing on a Christmas gift idea and while at the store we strolled the aisles and I got a idea for this years Christmas tree. Something simple but yet it will add a little something to the tree. Also got some other ideas that I would like to try when the time is right. So till then you can find me with a ball of yarn and a hook when I'm not cleaning, cooking, tending to Ian's needs, or until another book is picked for book club.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I'm pretty sure I assisted in teaching you how to crochet over the PHONE!!! Where's the love?!?

    ReplyDelete