Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010

To say 2010 was good to us is a complete understatement.  Ian Matthew entered our lives Dec 31 2009 I can't think of a better way to bring in the new year than with new life.  We had a couple tearful days of unknowns but everything happens for a reason and all is well.  I enjoyed my maternity leave even though I was still on call and did work from home, went into work and even had work calling me with a question while in labor (seriously how do I not get paid salary??).  I trained and ran a 1/2 marathon (hope to do it again this year).  I nursed away the 29lbs I gained during pregnancy and another 15 (depending on the day..today is not that day) along with the  same exercise routine I followed before pregnancy. I fell in love all over again with my husband, there is something about watching a guy care for his child that is so beautiful. 

Ian learned lots of new things this past year and is simply amazing.  He was my #1 1/2 marathon training partner and even got to participate in a race where he got 1st in the stroller division and in his age group!!  He went on his first airplane ride, got to go to Disneyland, the beach, the San Diego Zoo and much more. Completed carnial remolding in 7wks 6 days and to this day has a more perfectly shaped head than most.
Marcus started the fire academy and is enjoying it (the next 5mos though are going to become very busy for him).  He did engine work on his jeep (at this point I don't recall if he rebuilt the engine or put a new one in, either way it runs better...or so I'm told).

Goals for 2011: Marcus graduate from fire academy and either got on full time or part time, attack our debt and save for next house, survive the next 5mos, go on a vacay in which we have no schedule (we may never return), run another 1/2 marathon, make the Jeep the daily driver and sell Marcus' car, be better at house cleaning, menu planning, grocery shopping, and as always eat better and continue to workout.











We hope 2010 was good to you and your family and we wish you a Happy 2011!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love Ian's "well rounded" t-shirt!! I wish Carter would have gotten something like that. How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WAS a good year for you! That is awesome! Your fitness training is super inspirational! I love it! I think I nursed on 29 pounds! ;) Here's to a WONDERFUL 2011!

    ReplyDelete