Wednesday, January 26, 2011

pavement

I'm in need of feeling the pounding of hitting the pavement under my feet. Of taking 30min and getting some miles on the jogging stroller and on my shoes.  To start mine and Ian's morning off with run along the riverwalk, to hear the birds chirping, to see the baby geese follow their momma along the path to the water (and hope they don't run after me), to witness the trees getting their leaves, flowers blooming, to feel that burn in my lungs of being out of breath, to push my body to it's limits and build my endurance back up.  If you can't tell I have spring fever, not sure if it's because of all the snow or the deadline at work that is looming overhead or that the stores are putting out the spring lines or that my child is struggling to sleep through the night. I'm going with all the above. And no running won't make any of those things go away but they will help cope.

"I do it as a therapy. I do it as something to keep me alive. We all need a little discipline. Exercise is my discipline."  - Jack LaLanne

I couldn't have said it better myself, retail therapy is also a good coping tool but not as easy on the budget as hitting the pavement or dropping and giving 15 (my current max for push ups before I need a break).

What's your coping tool?

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you there, running is a fabulous way to cope with life! Could your little one be waking up to sounds? We've put a fan in Gooner's room to help block out unwanted sounds. Honestly I'm not quite ready for Spring.

    ReplyDelete