Monday, March 14, 2011

DST

Also known as daylight savings time. A time that the majority of the population in the great state of Indiana DISLIKE! I am one of them, I didn't like it before children and I dislike it even more now. As it is my child did not go to bed until around 9:30 and now this morning I'm going to have to go in and wake him and cause confusion to his little body. I will have to drive to work in darkness as just last week it was daylight on my drive in.  I will lose track of time and just like last night we will be eating dinner at 8 but really it's only 7 so that's ok right?

Now, I'm going to try to look for the good in all this time changing nonsense. Which is hard to do for a morning person. Holy cow I just called myself a morning person and I'm sure my parents just had a great chuckle too.  Hey, remember swim team days when you would be constantly calling my name telling me to get up??  Yeah, I don't miss jumping into a cold pool at 5:15 either or smelling like someone who bathed in cholorine although technically I spent more time in the pool than I did in the shower 2x a day for approx 2hrs each practice for about 3 months.  Yeah 2 showers a day in a locker can't cut through that smell at all.

And back on track...I might actually be able to start and finish my morning workout without any interruptions as Ian's lil body is all confused. The possibility of running as a family in the evening is more likely to happen. The time change means spring is coming, the trees are budding, and I see little green sprouts coming up from the flower things we planted last year at some point.  I should add I really know nothing or care to know anything about plant care inside or outside.  I want it to look nice without anything required of me.  I'm looking forward to warmer runs with Ian that can happen earlier in the day.  I currently have no races on the calendar as they aren't fitting into our schedules or budgets.  I may though train for a half just for the heck of it and run one on my own. Anyone wanna join me, we can even make it a stroller friendly run, and make our own t-shirts?!?!  I know all very enticing  reasons to join me!

Well I should probably end the rambling that this post has turned into right here and get back to the proposal on the Bachelor!

No comments:

Post a Comment