Wednesday, March 9, 2011

sleep over

This past weekend was the only weekend Marcus didn't have fire academy or the bank. And my dad was on his four day with no plans to go out of town. So we took advantage of this rare occasion and Ian made a reservation to stay Saturday night with his Grammie and Papa Jim. Marcus are I were able to have our 1st ever day and night date.

Ian's Weekend:
I dropped Ian off Saturday morning at my parents where they had a big day planned for him. We went over bedtime routine, any bumps, bruises, scraps that occurred prior to arrival so they wouldn't be concerned that he acquired those while in their care. And I swear he only stayed about 24hrs yet I packed 3 bags for him. A food bag, clothing bag and a bag we were returning so I decided to use it to carry his blanket and monitor in.

They had lunch at house before their big adventurous day that included:, tool show, diaper shower for baby Jackson, dinner with Brian (a former ND student fire station live-in) and his girlfriend, bath and bed. Napping was also in the above mix. I think the above events assisted in Ian sleeping from 8:50p to 9:10a so I say SUCCESS and we will have to do that again.

Date day and night: after Ian dropped off, I came home and Marcus had showered we got the GPS ready to go and we were off to Ikea in Chicago and dinner.  It was Marcus' 1st trip the store that someone could easily spend an entire day in.  We made a few purchases and then headed across the street to the mall where we would indulge in the Cheesecake Factory and then we drove home where we got to sleep ALL night long.  And aside from the dogs doing the potty dance in the AM we got to sleep in.

We agreed that we will have a to make a point to try to do sleepovers for Ian at least once a month.  It's good for him and us and his grandparents love lil overnight guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment