Tuesday, March 29, 2011

fishing

In the past week I have fished out a football, mitten, bath toys, and 2 flashlights from our toilet.  Pretty much anything Ian can get his hands on he prefers to toss it in the ceramic bowl.  He hasn't figured out how to flush it yet so that is good.  Now you are probably thinking keep the door shut and that won't happen and I will tell you we do keep the door shut.  These are all things that have happened while he's been in the bathroom with us.  I know for the football, mitten and bath toys (all of which happened under my supervision) they occurred as I was doing my hair so whether I had flipped my head over to get the maximum amount volume in my beaufont or to pray to the hair goddess that my beaufont looks good that day. I don't know, what I do know though is that out of the corner of my eye I see the lid go down and smirk go across my child's face as he waits for my reaction and in a not so serious voice at all I say "really Buddy, really?" which causes laughter to pour out of his mouth (I have yet to nail down the "mom voice').  He is doing no harm to anyone or anything, there is always clean water in our toilet and he is just a boy trying to figure things out and learn his limits (should probably get to work on the mom voice).   Now, with that said I do beleive we will be looking into a toilet lock, which will reduce the chances of Ian tossing anything in but also test my bladder and my ability to be smarter than the child safety lock.


2 comments: