Tuesday, September 6, 2011

August list update

Another month in the year 2011 has come and went and in that time we crossed off and/or added and crossed off the following:
1. tuck both vehicles into garage at night--> we got one in as of last night. yeah this is moving onto September's list as we bought a new to us dining table that has to be refinished.




2. get color painted on the walls Ian's room is painted as is the dining area








3. get pictures hung on the walls ah yeah this will be added to September



4. decorate guest bedroom does it count if decor has been purchased??



5. get better with couponing, I coupon but I really think I could do better. couponing is one that some weeks you do really well on and others that are as steller so I'm going to continue to just do my best each and every week.



6. get into a nice weekly routine of having an errand running day and a stay at home day, one would think that by now I would have been in this routine but since the move the word routine has been boxed up. this is another one that some weeks are good and others are just impossible so I'll just continue to do my best.



7. budget...budget...budget we are slowly getting things paid off, Ian's helmet (gosh that was a long time ago) will be paid off before the end of the year, YAY

 
8. dive a little deeper into paleo eating, I have breakfast nailed down and lunch somewhat. Chelssie confirmed that I do have both breakfast, lunch and snacks (we won't mention those keebler cookies i just ate or the sandwich and broccoli/cheddar soup I had for lunch)



9. go through everything we moved into the basement and figure where it needs to go, I have a feeling this one will be on the list for a while. Maybe I'll find our routine down there- Basement items have been organized as far as items used more than once a year and those that we don't use often.



10. get some quality family of 3 time in- this is something that will continue to get better, Marcus received a promotion at work which means a change in daily work hours (downside to salary) we did make a trip to Indy,



11. get a post up about the books i've been reading. I'm in a Book Club (woohoo we meet tonight) and so this will always be on my monthly to do list we have a whole year of books to catch up on.

Items added:

12. landscaping around pool. - this is going to be a slow moving project that hubby's BIL started and we are left to finish with our non-exsistent landscape budget.


after

before
 
what's left to do


12. purchase new dining table and chairs- thank you craigslist and the use of my dad's truck we found a table and 5 and 3/4 chairs for $50!



chairs it came with


chairs we want, only need 3-5 more


our 3/4 of a chair

 
There it is the official list of August the completed, uncompleted and what is transferring over to September's list. How was your month of August??

No comments:

Post a Comment