Wednesday, April 28, 2010

lost

Ian had his 4mos check-up yesterday all is well. Dr C asked how much and often Ian was eating I told him 8oz every 4hrs and we're sleeping through the night. His response was WOW-WEE, add some cereal to that boy's diet and reduce milk intake to a total of 32oz a day.
Last night Ian tried cereal and a spoon for the 1st time...the tears won and I added some cereal to his bottle which is exactly what Dr C told me not to do but I couldn't take the tears and screaming any longer. Dr C told me to just spoon feed so Ian gets use to a spoon and the whole eating concept. After our failed attempt last night today I added a little cereal to each bottle and reduced the amount of milk in his bottles. I also made up a little bowl of cereal to eat at each feeding as well to practice the whole spoon cereal concept. My mother in-law gets the honors of this adventure today. I felt bad when I dropped him off because when she asked what time does he eat next I had no clue. I don't know if the cereal is going to extend his appetite or what. Anyone else been through this?? It wouldn't be a big deal to me if I was home with him, but that's not till tomorrow. And with next week him starting at outside care aside from family I hope this weekend I can get a grasp of what his new schedule will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment