Wednesday, April 7, 2010

theory

I have a theory that when I gave birth to Ian I also gave birth to a portion of my memory. Now, I can still remember the 400+ members names at Curves that come in everyday between the 2 facilities and I can tell you what shoes they wear, what their hubby's do, what kind of car they drive, and what their hobbies are but ask me to remember to do something and if I don't put it in my phone right then you can forget about. This week I've had 2 incidents that support this:

1. Sunday night we got home from Indy around 8 with a very hungry baby, got the important things out of the car, started a bottle and changed Ian. Feeding then began, Marcus un-packed his bags and took a shower but before he got in the shower he said the pack n'play is still in the back of your car and the hatch is opened. He said if you don't get to it let me know and I will go out and get it. I said ok as I gazingly looked at Ian as he sucked down the bottle. Then boom I went into get ready for the next day mood of thawing milk and making bottles, empty my suitcase, start Ian's laundry which I think I used our laundry detergent instead of his (he is still alive no weird rash or anything). I then got myself around for bed. Fast forward to 5a, let the dogs out and see that the hatch on my car is still open and the pack n play is still in there along with the stroller. Run out to get it and shut the hatch to have nice puddle of water (it rained the night before) land on the left side of my body (a few words naughty words fly out of my mouth). Put pack n' play in basement and start my day. We learned we live in a safe neighborhood and that the hatch when up will keep water out of the back of my car.

2. Last night I was making bottles and needed more milk so I went down to the basement to the deep freeze which only contains milk and I bring up 2 grocery bags worth of milk meaning 2 days worth of pumping. Thaw out the contents from 1 bag and place the other bag on the kitchen table. Fast forward to this AM and I let the dogs out again at 5a and put my hand on the kitchen table and it enters nice puddle of liquid. I left the bag of milk I brought up out all night long it was suppose to go in the freezer and apparently 1 of the bags has a leak and I found a good 5min worth of pumping sitting on my kitchen floor.

Lovely, luckily I've been able to laugh about these incidents that back my theory. I'm sure there are more incidents but if they haven't happened the past 72hrs you can forget about me remembering them.

2 comments:

  1. Nooo! Breast milk leaking on the counter? That's what Mo and I like to call "liquid gold." Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I looked at the mess and thought 15min of my life is sitting here in a puddle on my kitchen table and floor...sad

    ReplyDelete