Thursday, March 11, 2010

a little paranoid

I'll admit I can be over paranoid about things.

Last week I noticed that Ian was getting a flat spot and then all I thought about was Marcus telling me about a person from the bank whose daughter had to wear a helmet because it got to the point where changing their head position and doing other stretches wouldn't help it even out.

Then I read the updates on what your child should be doing each week developmentally. And one of the things is following objects and well Ian not quite there yet.

On Tuesday I couldn't take it anymore and called the Dr. they got us in today and the Dr. said that the flat area on Ian's head is from the way he was in my uterus and it would even out without any problems. And the vision thing is due to him being early and that instead of his skills being of a 10wk old some are that of a 6wk old. He will catch up but it will take time. I can now breath easier knowing that all is going to be okay. While at the Dr. they checked his weight with his clothes and shoes on and he weighed in at 13lbs. Just a little over 2wks ago he weighed in at 10lbs 12oz in just his diaper. Needless to say I'd say he is getting what he needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment