Saturday, March 13, 2010

points

It's been awhile since there's been any randomness so here goes.

*I went an entire week without witnessing anything that left me speechless while driving. I did have a close call yesterday with another lip locking while driving couple but they were able to contain themselves.

*I thought I had figured out how have Ian sleeping through the night but my plan backfired last night. But the night before I gave him his normal bottle and then 2hrs later gave him a half bottle and he slept from 10:15-5. Did the same thing last night and no such luck. O well try again tonight.

*Just realized that our house is missing something that other people would consider to a staple item and that is a coffee maker. Now that doesn't mean Marcus and I are coffee snobs and only drink Starbucks we are the exact opposite in that we don't drink coffee at all. I've never had a hot cup of coffee and neither has Marcus. Now, about 4yrs ago I would get a cold something from Starbucks but only every once in a while. But I start my morning off with at least 2 bottles of water.

*Everyday when I leave for work I get real nervous as the neighbor drives this:


No big deal right it's just a brand new Lexus. Well the problem comes in because our driveways are attached, yep we live in the city. My nervousness comes into play because when I back out I basically have to drive in our grass to avoid getting to close to make all the lights on her car from going off. And once I get past her car I then have to deal with this:

Her fiance's car. So before I even get out of the driveway I'm all tense and in need of a massage. Luckily I have made it out just fine every time only making the lights go off on the girls car about a dozen times. oops.

*Remember how last week we saw the sun everyday for 8 days well it's gone now and it's raining. Which means spring is just around the corner. YAY!!

*GAH...mother's day will be here before you know it. Which also means Marcus' b-day will be here too (May 8th). I went out this past week to see what's out there and some ideas for my mom. It's tough to buy for someone who when they want something they go and get it. Now, for Marcus because his b-day always lands near mother's day I'm going to try and celebrate his b-day for the whole week by making each day about him and make his favorite meals or get take out from his favorite restaurants and what not. We'll see I may throw that idea completely out the window. We are on a budget and I'm not sure how much is in the celebrating department.

*It looks like in August we will be taking Ian on his first plane ride to San Diego. My dad has union stuff to do and we (my mom, sister, Marcus, Ian and myself) will tag along we are his entourage. 2yrs ago we all went to Vegas (minus Ian) which all of us except for Marcus had been there so we did a lot of "you gotta see that and this". But for San Diego none of us have been there so we will be doing lots of exploring and my sister and I finally get to mark California off our list of states we have yet to visit I think only 16 or 17 more to go and we've been to all 50.

*What do you all think about Alli being the next bachlorette? Was that her intentions for leaving in the first place, to cause drama and we all know how ABC likes drama? I intend on watching even though every season doesn't go the way I think it should. I admit I'm a sucker for reality TV, what can I say.

Well I think that is enough randomness and ramblings for 1 day.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, my mom said you stopped in Orange Tree the other day looking for Mother's Day gifts. All I thought was, "man, she is ON it!" Good for you. I can barely think ahead to my next meal, let alone a holiday that is months away!

    I'm totally watching Ali be the bachelorette. I'm also a sucker for that kind of crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for San Diego!!!! Can't wait for pool time w/Ian!!!! I will be listening for Mother's Day gift ideas this week also and they did a thing on 20/20 last night about the behind of the scenes of the Bachelor/Bachelorette, I'm hoping they will re-air it. You forgot the other intention of going to the conference...find Marci a man:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fun! Did you watch the 20/20 this past Monday called "Behind the Bachelore" ? It was a 2 hour special and totally interesting. I mean, the main guy actually called it a "game show." I hate it and love it all at the same time and won't miss a single episode. I'm crazy like that. I don't know about Ali.... she's already changed due to the spot light.... gah.

    ReplyDelete