Tuesday, March 23, 2010

perfect situation???

Well we thought we had everything figured as far as childcare goes. And then today happened. I picked Ian up from the sitter and the phrase "I need to talk to you about something" came out of her mouth and my mind starts racing. She tells me that she has some health and personal problems and she doesn't feel as though Ian would be safe at her house and that we need to start looking into a different situation. So our search starts once again.

What we had arranged with her was that she would watch when we needed her to and we pay for what we need. This worked out perfectly as some weeks my mom would be available to watch 1 day and Marcus' parents another leaving us only needing her services once that week. Perfect, right?? Well it was for us, as we don't need someone 5 days a week and it seems that others in the baby business of watching require all 5 days.

We do have family but we don't want to wear them out. Marcus' parents are retired and apparently plan to do some traveling this summer and my parents well my dad is a working bee who I don't see retiring anytime soon and they love to travel when he's not working and with summer approaching they will be spending a lot more time at their summer place. I have 1 set great grandparents here in town and the other set are full time snow birds. My great grandma in town offered and again we don't want to wear family out and make them feel as though they can't enjoy being retired and doing whatever it is they want to do when they want to do it.

So, if your in the michiana area and A)know of a good sitter who is looking for a part-time kid or B)in the michiana area and need child care for your child 5 days a week let me know. I told Marcus maybe this is a sign that I'm suppose to be a stay at home momma?!?!

1 comment:

  1. I'm telling you, find me a job that would pay me on the other days I'm there...my roomie doesn't have anything to do all summer;)

    ReplyDelete