Monday, January 18, 2010

against me

I have come to the conclusion that bra makers are against me and want me to wear a sports bra the entire time I'm producing milk. And well that doesn't make me happy. On Saturday I went to the motherhood store for them to measure me and they tried telling me that I'm still my pre-prego bra size. I laugh in their face, I haven't been able to wear my pre-prego bra size properly since I was about 32wks. But what the heck I'll entertain your measurement and try the size on that you measured me to be. I go in attempt to try on the 4 bras she so kindly pulled so I could once again laugh and give them all back to her and ask for the next cup size. Which they don't carry in the store, but you can order online. Oh, but wait you can't return any nursing bras b/c of the chance of milk discharge. Delightful, I still don't really know what cup size is going to be the most comfy and unless I want to order the next 2 sizes online for the chance that they will fit I'm still stuck with 1 or 2 bras that may or may not fit, all b/c of the chance of milk discharge. And how do you know when you handed me those 4 bras to try on that I didn't have any milk discharge (I didn't). I think their system has a flaw in it.

Next stop is JC Penney's, I don't even waste my time looking I ask the sales clerk if they carry my possible in the store and once again I get a no but you can order from the catalog or online. Delightful, I'm still stuck not knowing what cup size will offer the most support. At this point I could careless if it's a nursing bra, since Ian isn't getting milk straight from me I just figured a nursing bra would be a little more convinent when it comes to pumping than a regular bra. So at this point I'm simply looking for a bra to offer me more support than my sports bra that I had to 3x bigger than I normally wear and in order to have real support I must wear a tank with a built bra for reassurance. My mission today is to find a bra with 2 straps, back closure and wires without spending a fortune or taking the entire day to find. I can't wait for swimsuit season, that should be fun.

Wish me luck...oh the joys

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain girl! I need a new bra and my milk isn't even close to being in :( and swim season=BOO....Were planning a trip to Florida this March, I tried on my 2 piece the other day and Mike just laughed...lets just say I HATE boobs!

    PS. go back to motherhood..this is the bra i got... Full Support Soft Cup No Wire Nursing Bra, only comes in sizes S-XL.and I believe I have the XL, (go figure)it has nursing straps, looks like a sports bra, comfy,it worked for me! at least try it on if your interested! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just reinforces my belief that "Boobs are weird!". Good luck on your quest. I remember those days when Jen would go on that mission...I don't miss them.

    ReplyDelete