Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back In

Back into my pre prego jeans a week after delivery. I never thought I would be in them this soon. I'm glad though cause my prego jeans were constantly falling down whenever I would stand up, walk, basically breath. I guess working out every day paid off. I'm anxious to get back into working out I got some great workout DVD's to do at home and we have our jogging stroller which was our first purchase when we found out I was pregnant, then I'll have the circuit at work. For those that don't know I manage 2 Curves facilities. So I guess in a way my new year's resolution if you want to call it, will be to to firm and tone my mid section back up and run the sunburst 1/2 marathon in June. Oh and maybe eat more raw veggies without any dip which I've tried before and I found it to be very difficult why must dip be so good?!?! I havw no doubt about the working out part the veggie part I'm a little unsure of but we'll see.

Working out and being active is something that i've been my entire life. My sis and i were both in swim lessons at 6mos of age and then continued those through middle school. We also did gymnastics which when we were in elementary we asked if we could quit cause honestly we couldn't pass like the 1st class the bar is what got us. I could do round offs off the beam, the splits (which i can still do) front walkovers, back walkovers basically everything except a hip pullover on the bar. So our parents were fine with that as long as did something else to stay active. Which is were school sports came into the picture. I tried cross country (hated it) track (disliked it just as much as cross country), volleyball, basketball, and then both my sister and I found our sport which was swimming. So we swam I stopped after highschool and my sis went on and swam in college. And now we both also run and we both like running now. I like it cause it's free and allows for thinking to occur and fresh air to be breathed in.

So with my plans out in the open I'm ready to get started and may have to call the doc office to find out when I can begin a light workout routine cause I'm not liking doing nothing. You take a girl who has been working out 6 days awake with 3 of those days doing 2 workouts a day for 3+yrs, you get a cranky girl and I feel like I'm forgetting to do soemthing. Even if I can do some squats, push ups, light ab work, something I will be happy.

Ian update: went to the doc for a weight check-up and he is back up to his birth weight!! We will go back in 2wks for another check.

4 comments:

  1. yeah for baby Ian's check up and yeah for you in your pre prego jeans :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right Ash bring on the Sunburst 1/2!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. preprego jeans at a week old? WHO DOES THAT?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's amazing, good for you!

    ReplyDelete