Tuesday, January 12, 2010

L&D Part 3

There really isn't a part 3, I was dischrged fom the hosipital by 2p Friday so a full 48hr stay was not required and that made me happy. Nothing like trying to sleep with someone walking in every 3hrs and hello REAL FOOD. Call me picky if you want but I would look at meal options and nothing A) looked good or B) seemed as though it would be healthy. So I would pick what I felt were good options and they would bring my meal and my menu card with what I circled and a ton more items circled that they also put on my tray. The 1st night I circled lasgna, fresh fruit, and green beans. I got everything I circled plus ice cream, apple crisp, and a dinner roll. I barely touched my lasgna and the green beans left a lot to be desired, now the fruit well there isn't much one can do to make fruit taste bad. But I didn't touch the ice cream or applle crisp I'm sure they fine but I didn't want them which is why I didn't circle so the hospital wasted prefectly good food and I didn't feel guilty b/c I didn't ask for those items to begin with!

Oh our first visitors were both of our parents. Marcus' parents came in the late afternoon on Thursday and mine came in the evening on Thursday my dad was working and evening is a little easier for him to leave than in the middle of the day. We didn't have anyone in the waiting room during L&D we felt that was not required and that we would update with info via text/phone when anything exciting happened. I'm sure family members had a hard time sleeping but then again so did I, so I don't feel bad, sorry.

There it is a 3 part nutshell our labor and delivery story. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment